The Muppets Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I took a day trip to NYC yesterday and went to the Paley Center for Media and spent the day looking up pure Muppet gold in their archive collection! I viewed episodes of The Tonight Show with Jim Henson from 1974 (a performance piece with a large rubberband face with Dave Goelz who looked so young and in awe that he was there!), 2 episodes from 1975 (Dr. Teeth and Kermit) and 1976 (Swedish Chef, Kermit and Fozzie) and an episode of The Cher Show from 1975 with the Muppets (the Electric Mayhem and Sweetums were featured). The only bummer was that the Tonight Show episode that I REALLY wanted to see from 1977 (Jim with Link Hogthrob!) hadn't been digitized yet and they needed a 24 hour notice to retrieve the tape from their archives. Oh, well. Another trip for another day. Muppet fans should definitely try to go there, the staff is so friendly and helpful.
I want to see that Margaret Hamilton episode of SS though I feel like it is not as scary as it's been built up to be.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Also--when I heard Dr. Teeth mention Tiana, I thought the Muppets were giving their bosses a plug by referencing one of their other properties (or should I say a specific character from said property).
Now that you mention it... except Princess Tiana lives in louisiana which ironically is where people think dr. teeth might have been born. XD

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Also--when I heard Dr. Teeth mention Tiana, I thought the Muppets were giving their bosses a plug by referencing one of their other properties (or should I say a specific character from said property).
Do you mean Tiana, from Disney's The Princess and the Frog? What a coincidence.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Now that you mention it... except Princess Tiana lives in louisiana which ironically is where people think dr. teeth might have been born. XD[/QUO
You know, the more I watch The Muppets, the more crazy things I learn about the Electric Mayhem. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score

Tooth never says that the Voodoo Princess gave him his gold tooth, he just told Scooter that she would give him one when he asks to them how he could be like them.
Hearing that, I think we've all been talking about is how Dr. Teeth got his gold tooth; me, I'll believe he got it from melted gold records, which Jim Henson said himself. You never know.

Last edited:

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
The show was great! My favorite parts are with the Electric Mayhem helping Scooter. I loved how Dr.teeth mentioned going to Mississipie finding a voodoo princess. (I believe he's talking about his past. History about Teeth lol). Loved how Lips had multiple lines. Hope he has more in more episodes. I hope the Electric Mayhem another full episode about them.