Today's NY Daily News

mb22

Reaction score
Anyone see the cover of today's New York Daily News?

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow, that's a riot! It didn't even have to do with SS!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So what's so funny that's got you guys laughing about this periodical's cover? If you can, please describe any pictures that made the face of the journalistic reporter's rags. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

King Prawn

Reaction score
It's simply a closeup of Oscar in his trash can and above him it reads "Fuming Over Cuts in Gabage pick-up" in side a red box with the writing in white.

Then under neath that in big Bold White letters it says "It Stinks!"

hope that helps you Count.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Is The Count blind or something? If so, how does he read the posts here? Does he have someone next to him reading them to him or is there a special brail edtion for windows?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist King Prawn, now I understand the comical nature of the headline.

Clean Gulch, to answer your questions...
1 Yes, I'm partially blind or classified as being legally blind. Still retain some peripheral vision, but it's not enough to read nor see text nor pictures on either a TV screen or computer screen. That's why I always ask for descriptions of the textual variety whenever I can.
2 I'm able to communicate with you all and read the latest posts here in the forums thanks to my handy-dandy shark whenever swimming the waters of the cybernetic oceans. Sorry, got a bit fanciful there. My personal home computer, and the one I use at my local university's law school, has a program called Jaws for Windows made by a company originally named Henter-Joyce but now it's Freedom Scientific. They make all sorts of great gadgets for the handicapable that helps them with their everday lives. In my case, this program gets installed into the computer and acts as a speech-reader program. Basically, it reads out aloud whatever I'm typing and what's on the computer screen when I execute the proper commands to read what's on the screen.
Hope this helps clear up any confusion, and have a good day.

dcfboss

Reaction score
i actually think the NY daily news actually used Oscar when they really shouldn't.

i live in nyc and the way they're planning to cut garbage pickup to once a week is rediculous ... so wouldn't that mean more trash? the caption for the picture says "oscar the grouch isn't happy either" but if i recall he lives in a trash can. he even sang for his love of trash ... anything dirty or dingy or dusty, ragged, rotten or rusty

if he loves trash, i don't see why he's upset lol

but it still made me laugh when i picked up the paper this morning lol