What are your Favorite Henson Shows?

Dani1923

Reaction score
I want to write a children's television show one day, and I definitely seek Henson shows for inspiration, (ie Sesame Street, Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock.) What I would like to know from all of you lovely people is what Henson shows did u like as a child and why? When I make that TV show, I want to make sure it's entertaining for children and adults and at the same time teach valuable lessons, just like Jim Henson made his shows!

Dani1923

Reaction score
I want to write a children's television show one day, and I definitely seek Henson shows for inspiration, (ie Sesame Street, Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock.) What I would like to know from all of you lovely people is what Henson shows did u like as a child and why? When I make that TV show, I want to make sure it's entertaining for children and adults and at the same time teach valuable lessons, just like Jim Henson made his shows!
Please reply. I really want to know your answers!

Dani1923

Reaction score
First off...Hi Dani, and welcome to Muppet Central! :smile:

Secondly...I'm not sure if this is going to help much, but check these out- your question happens to be the fourth one asked in the survey! :smile: https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com/other-article-series/the-great-muppet-survey/

(But if you still want an answer from me specifically, I can very well do that)
Thank you so much for showing me this! This helps A LOT! But yes, if you would like, I would love to know your answer specifically!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
My top 4 favorite Henson shows would have to be Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and Muppet Babies (in no specific order.)

But if I were to pick just one, it would have to be Sesame Street, because...well...let's face it- a lot of us here grew up on it, and it was the first Muppet related material I ever watched. It also plays an important role in TV history- it was the first show to have people of different races living on one inner city street!

How about you, Dani?

Dani1923

Reaction score
My top 4 favorite Henson shows would have to be Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and Muppet Babies (in no specific order.)

But if I were to pick just one, it would have to be Sesame Street, because...well...let's face it- a lot of us here grew up on it, and it was the first Muppet related material I ever watched. It also plays an important role in TV history- it was the first show to have people of different races living on one inner city street!

How about you, Dani?
My favorite Henson shows as a child were Sesame Street (of course) especially Elmo's World, which is what I remember the most though I loved all the other characters too besides Elmo, and also I liked The Count's laugh, and I still do. I also used to watch the movie Elmo in Grouchland a lot, and in fact I still have it, but I haven't seen the whole movie in many years. I loved these shows because I loved the characters because they were so fun and friendly, and I really wanted to go to Sesame Street and meet these furry friends and hug them!
Unfortunately I never watched any "Muppet" movies or any movies or shows that Jim Henson put his hands on until a few years ago when The Muppets movie in 2011 was about to be released, and I watched some of the Muppet Show episodes on YouTube q. But I guess the important thing is I love the ones that I've seen, which is quite a lot, now, and I want to watch more.

Dani1923

Reaction score
My favorite Henson shows as a child were Sesame Street (of course) especially Elmo's World, which is what I remember the most though I loved all the other characters too besides Elmo, and also I liked The Count's laugh, and I still do. I also used to watch the movie Elmo in Grouchland a lot, and in fact I still have it, but I haven't seen the whole movie in many years. I loved these shows because I loved the characters because they were so fun and friendly, and I really wanted to go to Sesame Street and meet these furry friends and hug them!
Unfortunately I never watched any "Muppet" movies or any movies or shows that Jim Henson put his hands on until a few years ago when The Muppets movie in 2011 was about to be released, and I watched some of the Muppet Show episodes on YouTube q. But I guess the important thing is I love the ones that I've seen, which is quite a lot, now, and I want to watch more.
I Forgot to say that I loved Bear in the Big Blue House as a child too, and I've recently learned about who Noel MacNeal (Bear) is and his other works. I remember getting ready for school the same time that Breakfast with Bear was on, I loved doing that!