Will HBO have any Classic Sesame Street episodes?

ssetta

Reaction score
I know that most of the SS episodes that will air on HBO will be newer. However, I read on the HBO Kids website that episodes will air daily on HBO Family at 8am. It said that it would be "episodes from the past 4 or 5 seasons as well as classic episodes from the show's 40-year history." I'm really not sure what to think about this, but I am really hoping for some kind of silver lining with this new format or anything. Though I would assume that if it will be classic episodes, it may just be episodes from the iTunes/Amazon packages. What do you guys think?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if it is just the Netflix/Amazon/iTunes episodes...well... that's going to be the only place to see them once the deal takes place. :stick_out_tongue:

The article is too vague to offer anything but hints. What I'd like to see with HBO's funding is a bigger staff at their archives, making the release of older episodes more possible.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, there's a preview video on the HBO website with clips of episodes, and there are a few clips of classic sketches, as well as the Season 30 opening theme song. So I gotta say I think there's a pretty good chance.

CookieKing90

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if this is true or not, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. So I found on the HBO site some summary of episodes and I found this. It has some classic episodes. I wanted to see what you guys thought before I got excited.

http://www.hbo.com/search?type=schedule&q=sesame street

Last edited by a moderator:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if this is true or not, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. So I found on the HBO site some summary of episodes and I found this. It has some classic episodes. I wanted to see what you guys thought before I got excited.

http://www.hbo.com/search?type=schedule&q=sesame street
It's on HBO's official website so it has to be true. Though the schedule says these episodes will be available on demand not on tv,still it's great that they're releasing these episodes anywhere. Looks like they're releasing at least two rare gems soon, episodes 4000 and 3721.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I agree I was really excited that they at least have episode 4000
This is pretty exciting,I hope we get to see a lot of rare episodes from the 70s and 80s,there are certainly a lot of episodes from then that I really want to see.

ssetta

Reaction score
I'm guessing the 4 episodes listed are only some of them. I'm guessing there are a whole bunch. Though I think I'd rather see episode 3000 than 4000.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm guessing the 4 episodes listed are only some of them. I'm guessing there are a whole bunch. Though I think I'd rather see episode 3000 than 4000.
I'm just glad that all of these aren't just episodes that were already released on itunes or something. This is exactly what we needed,an outlet that can constantly release episodes throughout the year,not some DVD or streaming service that can only release like five episodes every year. I wonder if we'll get more episodes then we did with Sesame Street Unpaved on Noggin.