Sesame Street Season 46 Press Kit; HBO premiere set for Saturday January 16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
HBO's online schedule shows Sesame Street on HBO Family every day except Saturday at 6:30AM-7:30AM and seven days a week at 8AM-9AM Eastern time. There's an episode of Pinky Dinky Doo inbetween.

Looks like, at least during the month of January, all the HBO Family episodes are from Season 45, except for Monday and Friday at 8AM, where they repeat the two most recent Season 46 episodes. All the season 45 shows are the hour versions.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm assuming whatever "classic" episodes they'll have will be on the "HBO Kids" service, not on the actual channel.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
I'm assuming whatever "classic" episodes they'll have will be on the "HBO Kids" service, not on the actual channel.
Agreed. By the way, I noticed Sesame Street will be removed from Netflix on 12/31. That shouldn't have come as any surprise.

zucca

Reaction score
Agreed. By the way, I noticed Sesame Street will be removed from Netflix on 12/31. That shouldn't have come as any surprise.
They also took the most recent seasons off of Hulu & Amazon Prime. Before January, Hulu went as recent as Season 43 or 44 but now the most recent season on there is 39. On Amazon Prime, the most recent season is now 40, and after that you have to purchase episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, I ask: so what's all this talk about Netflix being so great? It sounds to me like they never keep any titles in their services . . . make a one-time purchase of a DVD, and it's yours to keep.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Once again, I ask: so what's all this talk about Netflix being so great? It sounds to me like they never keep any titles in their services . . . make a one-time purchase of a DVD, and it's yours to keep.
That's the biggest problem with digital distribution as a whole. Stuff can get yanked off the service if the companies aren't satisfied with the deal. Though I have a feeling the shows produced for the service are immune from this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or if the deal just runs out and they get a better offer somewhere else. To be perfectly honest, that screwed up physical home media as well. Look how long it took them to get the 60's Batman show on DVD. Then look at how much they cost.

SS episodes vanishing off multiple platforms is nothing but part of the HBO deal. Netflix isn't really to blame here, but I agree with the sentiment. It's great that we have streaming, but a single hissy fit by an entertainment company can lead to massive blackouts in titles, and that's going to hurt subscriptions in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.