The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Duke Remington

Reaction score
You're right in a lot of cases there, but I think it's kind of weird to have a Muppet fan as a main character in the Muppets. I just feel that Walter had his story already. His purpose was to bring the Muppets back together in one movie. His purpose was to be a big fan like all of us, and do what any of us would have wanted to do in the situation. But in a show like The Muppets, where does Walter really fit in? I personally don't see what he could do.

And I'm all for new characters. I love Denise! I love newer characters like Pepe and Bobo also. To some extent Constantine too (I prefer many others before him, but he's tolerable). But for some reason, I just don't like Walter. Like at all. He's not needed in my opinion. I don't think he has any thing special about him that other characters don't have. I find him annoying and he took the spotlight away from major characters in the last two movies. I think he was sloppily integrated into the cast, and forced himself in there. Yes, we can argue that he's the reason why the Muppets got back together, and yes he was. But that was just a movie. The Muppets never actually split up. So Walter's just kind of there now.

I'm thinking way to hard about this though lol. I don't like Walter, and I'm glad he hasn't appeared in the series yet. :smile:
You have lost your heart. :frown:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
A lot of people said that about Pepe when her first debuted,now he's a much beloved character and a major part of the Muppet family. I think we need new characters,they help bring out new sides to the older characters,they allow for new stories to be told from a different perspective. I like Walter because not only are Muppet fans very rarely shown on tv ,let's face it, compared to the Whovians,the Trekkies,Hunger Games fandom etc. we're a minority. Not only that but, we've seen the confident character who has an act already when they join the group,but what we haven't seen is a young misfit guy still trying to find his place in the world and discovers that being with his heroes isn't as easy as it he thought it might be. I think Walter's story is one that many people can relate to. Walter adds a fresh perspective and a totally unique backstory.But if you find him annoying I think Miss Piggy is capable of being way more annoying then he is,so yeah there's that.
Pepe's quite funny. He gets plenty of laughs out of me as soon as he opens his mouth. But I much prefer him as a side dish rather than a main course (sorry, had to say it :insatiable:). MWoO, for instance, had a bit too much Pepe in it for my taste.

I don't know if I'd say that Pepe got negative responses when he debuted, since I'm not sure how people reacted to MT when it was first on. It may have been the overexposure of Pepe during parts of the '00s that turned some people off, MWoO being a good example. But that's just a guess.

Lourenzo

Reaction score
I disliked Pepe in MWoO mainly because I feel that should have been Rowlf's part. I mean by 2005 Bill Baretta had been more or less established as the one taking over Jim's character aside from Steve with Kermit. That could have been a good opportunity to bring Rowlf back into the spotlight.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I disliked Pepe in MWoO mainly because I feel that should have been Rowlf's part. I mean by 2005 Bill Baretta had been more or less established as the one taking over Jim's character aside from Steve with Kermit. That could have been a good opportunity to bring Rowlf back into the spotlight.
That's a good point! I think if they did MWoO now, they definitely would've had Rowlf in that role!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here's some news, the muppets has been moved to Tuesdays at 8:30pm according to the ABC website.

abc.go.com/shows/the-muppets

This seems like a good move, because now it will have a good leadin, and hopefully improve in the ratings a bit to maybe justify a renewal.