The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Iscah

Reaction score

CHECK THIS OUT!!! HOT TUB PARTY!!
A few thoughts/observations:

- either they're CG-ing the water in later, or this is an on-set photo rather than actual footage, because you can see right through the back of the tub.

- did anyone else notice Zoot's feet hanging out of the front of the tub?

- arm rods and shadowy puppeteers all around!

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score

- either they're CG-ing the water in later, or this is an on-set photo rather than actual footage, because you can see right through the back of the tub.

Dunno why Zootie's feet are like that....huh

Muppetboy09

Reaction score

Alright...

- It is easier to CGI in water than have puppeteers submerged with an actor...
- Zoot is always the oblivious one in this serious, so it is only appropriate that he is doing that
- The puppets always have arm rods, they are just replaced later in post.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You're right in a lot of cases there, but I think it's kind of weird to have a Muppet fan as a main character in the Muppets. I just feel that Walter had his story already. His purpose was to bring the Muppets back together in one movie. His purpose was to be a big fan like all of us, and do what any of us would have wanted to do in the situation. But in a show like The Muppets, where does Walter really fit in? I personally don't see what he could do.

And I'm all for new characters. I love Denise! I love newer characters like Pepe and Bobo also. To some extent Constantine too (I prefer many others before him, but he's tolerable). But for some reason, I just don't like Walter. Like at all. He's not needed in my opinion. I don't think he has any thing special about him that other characters don't have. I find him annoying and he took the spotlight away from major characters in the last two movies. I think he was sloppily integrated into the cast, and forced himself in there. Yes, we can argue that he's the reason why the Muppets got back together, and yes he was. But that was just a movie. The Muppets never actually split up. So Walter's just kind of there now.

I'm thinking way to hard about this though lol. I don't like Walter, and I'm glad he hasn't appeared in the series yet. :smile:
Dude, you hit the nail right on the head.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Saw the promo again. No sign of Walter, sorry to say.
I'm going to begin watching the show soon. I think it would be a tad redundant and irrelevant to bring back Walter personally.

If they had just brought back the original style Muppet Show after the 2011 movie, he could have fitted in with joining his heroes as a new cast member in brand new episodes of his old favourite show. And I think there are some fans who felt cheated when they heard what the Muppets return to TV was going to be.

After all it can be argued what was the point of saving the Muppet Theater if they were not intending to do a revival of the classic Muppet Show and incorporate Walter into it? That's what the movie seemed to be setting the premise for.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After all it can be argued what was the point of saving the Muppet Theater if they were not intending to do a revival of the classic Muppet Show and incorporate Walter into it? That's what the movie seemed to be setting the premise for.

If I may...

The Muppets never had canon or even sequels until The Muppets and MMW, where the writers tried to cram as many Easter Eggs and references to other movies as possible, even going as far as almost getting Nicky Holiday back in the first film. TMM and GMC could never share in events, but they also are said to be just movies. GMC basically opening up with a song. And yes, both TM and MMW also say they're films.

What this has to do with the current TV show format is simple. The same question can be asked of TM, where why do they have to save the theater/studios when they just saved it in VMX. I feel that Walter can exist outside the context of TM and MMW, much like they can get Uncle Deadly to not be the Phantom of the studio in the show now. Just change up the role. Happens all the time with Muppet productions.

Now, as for how the movies play into this, firstly the concept of a mockumentary series came before the movie was greenlit. I'm sure that they decided to go with a concept they already had, much like how they went with the already solid concept of TM over the sketchy unfinished Cheapest Movie script. Secondly, I have a sneaky suspicion that if MMW did much better at the box office, we'd have something less experimental and more safe (a remake of the original series), and Walter would have a major role, being the third project to follow others. Other than an offhand comment by Chip in the pilot about being in MTI (the one joke that was really funny never got worked into the series), this series is its own thing. I can see Walter working as an intern, but it seems there's too many characters to really get much screentime. Don't see why they couldn't work him in as a silent background character, though.

On the other hand, I give them nothing but praise for bringing back Yolanda to help even out the low number of female Muppet roles in the show.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm going to begin watching the show soon. I think it would be a tad redundant and irrelevant to bring back Walter personally.
Exactly what we've been saying for the last two pages. My "sorry to say" was meant for those who thought they spotted Walter in the promo.:smile:

Muppy

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe the only place where Walter could possibly fit in, is if he was the one filming the Muppets for his documentary. Only since he's a muppet fan (and if that's what the writers decide to keep him as) and it could make sense that he's the one that approached the Muppets to film their antics while putting on Up Late With Miss Piggy. There's some ways that it wouldn't work, because you can obviously tell that there's more than one person filming various scenes of the actual show, but if people really want Walter back it could be a nice plot twist for the fans.