The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm going to begin watching the show soon. I think it would be a tad redundant and irrelevant to bring back Walter personally.

If they had just brought back the original style Muppet Show after the 2011 movie, he could have fitted in with joining his heroes as a new cast member in brand new episodes of his old favourite show. And I think there are some fans who felt cheated when they heard what the Muppets return to TV was going to be.

After all it can be argued what was the point of saving the Muppet Theater if they were not intending to do a revival of the classic Muppet Show and incorporate Walter into it? That's what the movie seemed to be setting the premise for.
Even if the show was the old show revived, it would take about 5 seconds for the complaints to come in about how the muppets weren't doing something original or how it's a cheap ripoff of the old show.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I see your point DrTooth even though at the same time I can also understand people who might say that in the case of The Muppets 2011 there was a very strong connection obviously to the TV series, in spite of the references to other Muppet Movies. (The most obvious one being Sweetums scene from TMM basically remade when he runs after them in their car from the same used car dealers business)

That said I can fully understand why some fans may have been expectantly hoping for a return to the Muppet Show with Walter added to the main cast. Not that the original television series ever had such a strong sense of continuity in itself, let alone with any of the
movies of course.

Incidentally I think if I remember rightly, there was a cameo of at least one Muppets Tonight character. I'm pretty sure I saw Carl in a crowd somewhere. Which begs the question. Did Walter and Gary ever get to see any MT episodes?

I've heard that many fans consider MT a short lived attempt at re-booting TMS. Though there can be a slight continuity reference read into the opening words of Kermit in the first episode. "Welcome everybody to our brand new Muppet Television Studio."

By the way Muppet Master. Your point only goes to show how very true it is that whatever happens it's just impossible to please everybody.

Iscah

Reaction score
Alright...

- It is easier to CGI in water than have puppeteers submerged with an actor...
- Zoot is always the oblivious one in this serious, so it is only appropriate that he is doing that
- The puppets always have arm rods, they are just replaced later in post.
I'm quite aware they erase the arm-rods later; I just find it interesting when you can see them!

As for the water, yes it's easier to CGI it in - and I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing that - or it's even easier to shoot from a lower angle where the water isn't visible at all, which is also a possibility. (Doubly so because currently you can still see Steve under Lips in that shot...)

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I was reading an article this morning and it said we will have camilla back with gonzo new vets hospital sketches and many more classic stuff

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Correct! Here is what we have gathered...

-The show will have “More heart, more zaniness.”
-There will be more sketches, done in a modern late-night show style. Newman specifically mentions “an updated Veterinarian’s Hospital” and “an updated Swedish Chef where Bunsen is helping him do molecular gastronomy.”
-There will be a human bad guy who will serve as an outside force for the Muppets to band against. He’s a “branding guru” who wants to make ill-advised changes to Up Late with Miss Piggy.
-Camilla will return.
-So will Robin.
-Lew Zealand, who we’ve seen milling around in the background, will be throwing fish.
-So far, there’s no Walter.

I don't know how I feel about a "human bad guy roll". I feel like if this is an ongoing character, it might take too much focus away from our core characters.