David Bowie dies at age 69

123Sunny

Reaction score
I'm so sad he was so great in everything. He's left us babies blue and the stars look very different today :frown:

I drew this picture of him. We watched his music video for Dance Magic in class today. And we are all sad

Skywalker82

Reaction score
That blows badly! he was quite a unique musician/artist/actor.

He not only was Jareth but also in The Hunger, Prestige and more.

RIP.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I haven't been beside myself since hearing the news. I've been a fan of Bowie's since I was 10 years old (I'm 38 now), thanks to Labyrinth and from there my fandom just took off. I've had the opportunity to see him perform twice, once live on The Today Show when he was promoting his album "Heathen" and at the Colden Center at Queens College in NY when he was doing his "NY Marathon" tour where he played a show in each of the 5 boroughs.

My husband and I just saw his fabulous off-Broadway play "Lazarus" during Christmas week, and we were both blown away. He kept his illness well under wraps since it seems like many people didn't know he was sick for so long. A true icon in music, fashion and a fine actor to boot. The man was multi-talented and there will never be anyone like him again. A true original, just like our beloved Jim Henson. RIP, Mr. Jones, the stars look very different today.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
So sad to hear of Mr. Bowie's death. He will always be remembered as Jareth, the Goblin King from "Labyrinth" to me- that's mainly where I first heard his music, though I've heard other things since then. If I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be "Under Pressure" (that he sang with Queen) and "Suffragette City". Also, I love his original songs in "Labyrinth" itself.
And I definitely appreciate his role as the Starman in his Ziggy Stardust days. (As a big fan of the classic 1984 "Starman" movie and subsequent 1986-1987 TV series "Starman", I like that connection- even though they aren't really directly related.)
May God bless and comfort his family in this sad time.:concern::sympathy: