Dealing with depression and anxiety

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thanks Mo.
I just feel so bad for her, though! In my eyes, she'll always be my baby sister. (But if I call her "my baby sister" to her face, she'll get REALLY mad! :mad: ) She & her partner were supposed to come over tonight . But she's coming over earlier. (thank goodness.) As I mentioned, her birthday is today & the thought of her spending a good part of the day alone makes me feel bad. (Her partner has to work.)
But she'll spend her birthday with her big sister. What could be better?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
There are a lot more people willing to help you than you think. Talking to your advisor is a good start.
Talking to others and coming out of your shell is one of the best things you can do. The person you feel you may have hurt, don't keep it bottled up. Tell them how you feel. They'll appreciate your honesty, and you'll feel better not having to carry around any more doubts.

Don't worry about bringing others down if you have problems. We all do. Even if it goes against a lot of male behavior, admitting you need help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
I admire you for mentioning it here. Not everybody can do that. Guys will put up a front of acting macho rather than be humble enough to ask for help. Don't settle for that.

I'm not here to convert anyone, but you can bring anything troubling you to God. He will listen, he won't judge you, and he won't turn you away. And nothing is too big or too small to ask him. He's done so much for me, he'll hear your voice too. All you have to do is open up your heart. You don't need any fancy prayer or anything, just lay down everything on your heart and mind, just like you do here.

And being the best person you can be, like you are, nobody can ask for more than that.
Thanks, Gobo.

I never see this other person these days, which is part of the problem. I suppose I could message her, but she has a habit of not really reading messages unless they're really important. Besides, I feel that this is something I should do in person.

And yeah, God's pretty awesome. :smile:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I got everything settled with school today but now I'm just annoyed and feeling horrible again.

One of my cousins got into college and well, I'm not impressed because she got into a school that accepts 99% of all applicants and she is one of those people who barely makes a GPA in school at all. I had a 4.1 in high school and I got into a school that accepts less than 70% of all applicants and well, I worked my butt off for that! I'm not about to be screaming from the rooftops 'YAY' for a person who has literally had everything handed to them and remains ungrateful.

On top of that, sometimes I get sick of my mother and I'll say things to her under my breath like how she should learn to speak properly (in both English and Spanish), she doesn't notice and if she does she doesn't seem to care; now my one uncle is making a big stink about it and a big stink because I don't like being called 'white girl' (I'm half white and half latina, I am not one or the other, I am BOTH) and is now calling me a racist. Dude, CHILL!!!

And yes, I constantly say that I, in general, hate most people and most things but, so? That's MY business :/ My Abuela has asked me to stop expressing that sentiment; to please do it for her and I want to but, I don't know if I can. I have been put through the ringer so many times that I have learned that I need to take care of me, me, me because no one else will. I just don't know anymore. Y'know, if I'm bothering everyone so much, maybe I should go back and stand on the bathtub ledge like I did last night with my scarf on, ready to swing it up onto the shower curtain bar but again, the few people who are special to me would be devastated but then this thought manifests, besides them, who would miss me?

Sorry to be annoying but, I'm asking for good vibes and prayers, thank you <3

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Your boyfriend most of all would miss you. You still have your whole life in front of you. I know you've been tortured by the anger and hate in your family. But the love others have for you is stronger than that. And God's love is the strongest of all.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I got everything settled with school today but now I'm just annoyed and feeling horrible again.

One of my cousins got into college and well, I'm not impressed because she got into a school that accepts 99% of all applicants and she is one of those people who barely makes a GPA in school at all. I had a 4.1 in high school and I got into a school that accepts less than 70% of all applicants and well, I worked my butt off for that! I'm not about to be screaming from the rooftops 'YAY' for a person who has literally had everything handed to them and remains ungrateful.

On top of that, sometimes I get sick of my mother and I'll say things to her under my breath like how she should learn to speak properly (in both English and Spanish), she doesn't notice and if she does she doesn't seem to care; now my one uncle is making a big stink about it and a big stink because I don't like being called 'white girl' (I'm half white and half latina, I am not one or the other, I am BOTH) and is now calling me a racist. Dude, CHILL!!!

And yes, I constantly say that I, in general, hate most people and most things but, so? That's MY business :/ My Abuela has asked me to stop expressing that sentiment; to please do it for her and I want to but, I don't know if I can. I have been put through the ringer so many times that I have learned that I need to take care of me, me, me because no one else will. I just don't know anymore. Y'know, if I'm bothering everyone so much, maybe I should go back and stand on the bathtub ledge like I did last night with my scarf on, ready to swing it up onto the shower curtain bar but again, the few people who are special to me would be devastated but then this thought manifests, besides them, who would miss me?

Sorry to be annoying but, I'm asking for good vibes and prayers, thank you <3
I'm sorry that you have to put up with all this nonsense. (As a side note, I too am mixed- half white and half black.)

Either way, I send you my thoughts, prayers, and love.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I'm sorry that you have to put up with all this nonsense. (As a side note, I too am mixed- half white and half black.)

Either way, I send you my thoughts, prayers, and love.
Thank you! And with your side note, I figure you know the whole 'mixed kid struggle' <3

Sending love, prayers and good vibes your way too, sweetie!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I been out of the swing of things do I been kind of depresse, also I am not for sure but, someone that I went to high school with, this I heard from a friend, he might commit suicide.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Hung out with someone today. First time I've done that in a long time.

I realize just how much effort I have to put in in order to be extroverted. Boy, is my energy drained.

Now that the day is through, for some reason I feel as though I was burden to this other person. :frown: