Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Piggy maliciously misnaming Denise as "Dennis" reminds me of an episode of SANFORD AND SON where Fred and Grady walked in on Lamont making out with a girl named Denise, and as Grady was going home:

GRADY: Goodnight, Dennis.
LAMONT: Denise!
GRADY: Oh, yeah, right! Denise! Denise the Menise!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I made some very strong opinions on the thread about Piggy being on GMA,but have since then had time to step back and think. Piggy has tried every trick in the book to get Kermit to show his true feelings for her and most if not all have failed. Here though Kermit is going to get a chance to have a life without Piggy. Which in the end is going to make him realize how much he really needs and loves Piggy. She is one smart pig!!!!
The relationships in this show are really going to play with how die hard fans see the Muppets Like Kermit and Piggy Fozzie and Gonzo dateing Even Sam being interested in Janice should be real interesting. Think of it like when Gonzo was briefly in love with Piggy on the Muppet Show. I feel that the end result will b funny yet heart warming at the same time.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm honestly going to enjoy the time Kermit and Piggy have apart. Kermit can grow away from Piggy's stifling, restricting influence and Piggy can refocus her life on something other than a frog.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I
I'm honestly going to enjoy the time Kermit and Piggy have apart. Kermit can grow away from Piggy's stifling, restricting influence and Piggy can refocus her life on something other than a frog.
I read that Piggy gets into a relationship that could be painful for her and that Kermit tries to talk her out of it....So it should be very interesting to watch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In "Single All the Way", it looks like Kermit and Piggy will eventually get back together. Since this happened, I had suspected they would be the end of the season, but now I'm thinking that maybe it'd be better if the relationship were like on The Muppet Show, where it was usually one-sided.

On TMS, it was usually one-sided, though Kermit sometimes did a romantic number with Piggy (we never saw any backstage happenings leading to such moments to show why Kermit did the numbers) and was sometimes jealous of male guest stars she showed an affection to (but not all male guests; he wasn't jealous of Jim Nabors, Charles Aznavour, or Elton John).

Then in most of the movies and specials it wasn't one-sided, or at least wasn't so easy to tell. They do a lot of bickering in The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, but I'm not sure if that's a "couples bickering" or a "she love shim, he doesn't" bickering.

On The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight, they weren't shown "together or not" very often. Piggy only appeared once on JHH, and in that episode Vicki made a comment that Piggy dumped Kermit. On MT, there's hardly any scenes where they are a couple or where Piggy mentions/shows her love for Kermit, with the most major of the rare instances being presented as a flashback from the 1980s.

But while it may have been less one-sided in the movies and TV shows, it seems like it was often one-sided in interviews and appearances, with Kermit saying that the ending of The Muppets Take Manhattan was just a movie (and in an interview for Good Morning America, he said that The Muppet Christmas Carol was only a movie; I remember seeing this as a kid and being confused by Kermit's comment that they weren't really married, since I thought they really did marry in MTM). And yet since 2011, it seems like the relationship was no longer one-sided, even in interviews, until the break-up was announced last year.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad. In re-watching some of the older Muppet Show episodes, I realized that Kermit was a JERK. And even recently, he's always acted like he's embarrassed of their relationship. Onward and upward Piggy!!!
By "older" episodes, what do you mean exactly? If you watch the original Muppet Show from 1976-81, you will see that Piggy was extremely abusive toward Kermit. She would punch him, knock him to the ground, and even stomp on him. Domestic violence is never okay, but what made these instances even worse was the fact that Kermit was usually not guilty of anything more than being friendly with a female guest star. Not flirtatious, just friendly, which is what his job as host requires.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
By "older" episodes, what do you mean exactly? If you watch the original Muppet Show from 1976-81, you will see that Piggy was extremely abusive toward Kermit. She would punch him, knock him to the ground, and even stomp on him. Domestic violence is never okay, but what made these instances even worse was the fact that Kermit was usually not guilty of anything more than being friendly with a female guest star. Not flirtatious, just friendly, which is what his job as host requires.
I hope they'll address that in the new show, as one of the many reasons why Kermit dumped Piggy and have her realize that she should not be committing such acts anymore as part of her new character developments.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ehhh, in real life, it would be abuse, but in the context of a TV show, it's simply cartoon violence, meaning it's so obviously over the top goofy, you can't possibly take it seriously. There's a reason Richard Hunt said, "Human beings wouldn't work" with Muppet humor.

Plus this was before comedy was constantly be shamed into submission by the PC police.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but not all male guests; he wasn't jealous of Jim Nabors or Elton John.
Then again, maybe Kermit knew something we didn't back then. :wink:

They do a lot of bickering in The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, but I'm not sure if that's a "couples bickering" or a "she love shim, he doesn't" bickering.
Oh he definitely does in that special. Watch the ending of Piggy's "You Light Up my Life" number.