The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it is a very good idea to upgrade "Up Late With Miss Piggy" to contain a more substantial "show-within-a-show" format like "The Muppet Show" and "Muppets Tonight" :smile:
The problem I have with that is, well, if they're going to gradually turn the show into a Muppet Show remake, it better the heck be really darn gradual.

While I do think the format can be tweaked to have a short skit or song here and there, I'd rather they go the 30 Rock route and show some of the skits so they don't take up the entire show. At least, at this point in the series. If they can keep the mix of behind the scenes and outside of the show plots, we may just have something. What I'd find ideal is for them to shoot sketches and put them up online as a supplementary experience. But that's clearly too much time and money involved.

I do feel the show could greatly benefit from showing more of the show than a fleeting interview, I just don't want to see attempts at trying to emulate old bits.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Just managed to record the promo for episode 11! Unfortunately, it's a shorter version than the Key and Peele Muppets promo and doesn't have them in it, but it's still something. Also, sorry for the terrible quality.

Muppy

Reaction score
Just managed to record the promo for episode 11! Unfortunately, it's a shorter version than the Key and Peele Muppets promo and doesn't have them in it, but it's still something. Also, sorry for the terrible quality.

For those who don't know, Piggy is dressed as Miley Cyrus at the 2013 VMAs. So that's a reference that won't date this episode at all:wink:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not exactly doing much to boost my confidence,but it's still good to finally see a promo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's literally nothing to judge by that promo, that's for sure. I'm still concerned about the changes, but concern is a healthy response to something like that. Everything can go either way.

Other than that, I noticed they shifted the timeslot so it won't compete with the completely overrated New Girl. I'm a tiny bit worried about the shift further affecting the ratings, especially since fans of New Girl and Brooklyn 99 will probably stand sitting through that not in the league of as good as they say it is Grandfathered.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's the official plot for "Swine Song" :
The whole crew just returned from hiatus, and everyone is rested, recharged and ready to get back to work. But when a new branding guru (Utkarsh Ambudkar ) comes in to revamp "Up Late,” the gang rallies together and realizes that they don’t need gimmicks and hijinks; they just need each other and a couple of familiar tunes to get them back on track

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-THE-MUPPETS-on-ABC-Tuesday-February-2-2016-20160121