Debate: Is Gonzo an Alien?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Beau,

Amen !

It took another Dave character to know what Gonzo is...

He is and always will be a WHATEVER !

See ya

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I still think he is an Alien whatever and Dr.teeth,I LOVE that new pic you have.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Who here thinks that Gonzo is an alien?
What I'm a-thinking is that Gonzo is part of an alien race called Frackles, and that the different kinds of frackles are on different tracts of land on their planet, maybe visiting once in a while to other Frackle lands.

Seems to me that there was an inkling of an idea of alienism during TMM when he sings "Going to go back there Someday" because he's looking out into the stars, you know.

Also, if we can refer to Gordon Shumway as ALF, then we can certainly still refer to our frackle alien Gonzo the Great as a "Whatever."

Or, whatever...
FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I can accept Gonzo as an Alien, but I sure as heck can't except

A) Barney Gumble as a recovering alcoholic

B) Seymore Skinner as anyone but Seymore Skinner

and C) Ned Flanders as a 60 year old man!

You think Muppet inconsistancies are bad, the Simpson ones are worse!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re: Beau,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Amen !

It took another Dave character to know what Gonzo is...

He is and always will be a WHATEVER !

See ya
Thanks Warrick, though I think that we are going to have to be happy with Gonzo as an Alien.

I wish Dave himself would coment on this board.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I wish Dave himself would coment on this board.
That could happen. The famous voice actor, Joe Alaskey, started posting briefly on the "Termite Terrace Trading Post" board. It would be nice if Dave would post here and share his views on what he feels Gonzo is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just because I say he's an alien doesn't mean that I think that all you should beleive he's an alien and shut Up! Absolutely of course not!!! Nor does it mean I like Gonzo as an alien. I prefer him as a "Whatever" or "Frackle".

I feel that most people don't wish to think he's an alien, because it

A) kills the mystery with such an obvious and trite answer!

B) proves that some people are going around Henson's visions and it brings the shocking truth of the "new Henson" that we are afraid of

or

C) isn't as funny as whatever. Whatever is much more fun to say! That and Frackle!

I think he is a frackle, mainly because that's what he originally was!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Just because I say he's an alien doesn't mean that I think that all you should beleive he's an alien and shut Up! Absolutely of course not!!! Nor does it mean I like Gonzo as an alien. I prefer him as a "Whatever" or "Frackle".

I feel that most people don't wish to think he's an alien, because it

A) kills the mystery with such an obvious and trite answer!

B) proves that some people are going around Henson's visions and it brings the shocking truth of the "new Henson" that we are afraid of

or

C) isn't as funny as whatever. Whatever is much more fun to say! That and Frackle!

I think he is a frackle, mainly because that's what he originally was!
I agree with you Dr Tooth.

We all know he is an alien but can't belive it because of the reasons stated above.

I think my reasons are B, and C.

That and the fact that every other film at the moment is about space and aliens, soo why did The Muppets have to follow. What happened to the BE original aspect of the company.

Every one makes space films, and surprise, MFS.

Every one makes Prequals and, Surprise, KSY!!!!

I think it is terrable.

But that's me,
Beauregard

snichols1973

Reaction score
In 1985, a collection of Muppet comic strips were released in a book titled "Chickens are People, Too!...But what are Gonzos?". The Muppet Babies also tackled the subject with the book What's a Gonzo?.

In the late 90s, the question was posed in the Ask Henson.com web column, "What exactly is Gonzo?" Dave Goelz responded: "Nobody knows except his parents, and they're not talking. It was always one of those taboo subjects around the dinner table."
muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Gonzo

In the Muppet Babies storybook What's a Gonzo, Baby Gonzo goes on an adventure similar to Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, where he eventually meets up with many creatures that look like him, but none of them knows the answer, and he ultimately meets The Great Garbanzo.

The Great Garbanzo shows Gonzo his "Onzometer," a tool which can tie shoelaces, shuffle playing cards, make strawberry milkshakes, and answer questions. Gonzo poses his question of "what am I" to the onzometer. Gonzo describes himself to the machine (which the help of his newfound friends) and gets the answer "you are Gonzo." The Great Garbanzo explains that "you might not know what you are, but you know who you are."
muppet.wikia.com/wiki/What%27s_a_Gonzo%3F

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I definitely except him as an alien, and prefer that origin over him being a "whatever". Plus, I'm pretty sure Muppets from Space has never officially been stated to be non-canon, and has even been acknowledged a few times (ignore that episode of the 2015 show where he mentions his mother, since he probably means his adoptive mother). In fact, I kind of want a new Muppet movie where the villain is one of the alien Gonzos from MFS, and he teams up with Constantine and the Moopets to form a group of evil Muppet look-alikes!