Video: Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Prairie Dawn

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I didn't think there was too much of a difference between 70s Prairie and present Prairie, but I can listen again and do some comparisons. I can imagine the Letter game show was one of Prairie's earlier appearances since now she's a lot smarter and surely would know about the letter E. :smile:

Okay. Here's an update. I watched "What's My Letter" online and then listened to the above clip with Stephanie as Prairie and I have to disagree. I think Steph's Prairie comes closer to later Prairie than early Prairie, but oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
You know your right I just saw that clip and Steph's Prairie sounds like the more recent one.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think she's pretty good for someone who's new to the role. Because as we've heard some times Matt Vogel's Big Bird sounds more like the early Carroll Spinney Big Bird and sometimes Ryan's Elmo sounds a bit like the earlier Elmo when Kevin first started performing him. Same thing with Eric Jacobson as Fozzie. It does seem like when Muppets are recast the new puppeteers seem to want to go back to the beginning. I thought it was interesting to make a note of that.

Schfifty

Reaction score
She sounds pretty good as PD, too. I didn't expect it would sound that close, but still, that's pretty darn close to Fran's Prairie.

BTW, is it known when Zoe's first appearance will be this season, and when we can finally hear Jen Barnhart's performance of her?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
There's a wonderful two-part video of Stephanie teaching puppeteers of a local production of Avenue Q and in the first part she shows the difference between Prairie and Kate Monster. (From 12:30 to 12:58) Anyway, I knew she would make a good Prairie:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's the full video featuring Alan,Telly,Ernie,Rosita and several more icluding a brief cameo by Oscar (definitely not voiced by Caroll Spinney,don't think it was Eric either)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sounds like John Kennedy (at least the "scram!", the chuckling sounds like archived Caroll audio)

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Yeah it does sound like John also were David & Eric their to perform Cookie & Grover or not.