Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
The toyline for the bnext movie reveals Krang who was just confirmed for the film.

Of course, since these are Playmates toys, you have to take them with some grain of salt. I'm sure he looks a lot more...you know...detailed and stuff in the final product. Strangely enough the figure so far bares more than a passing resemblance to his IDW comic form.

And the Mikey dressed as a pirate somehow intrigues me. I was excited for this film and all, but now I HAVE to see it so I can find out why he's a pirate.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know what's more impressive. The fact they got away with Casey's "That's alien racism" line or the fact the episode featured the very obscure Archie Comics villain Belly Bomb, in a different role of course. They really are mining from all areas of the mythos to bring him up.

I must admit, I'm just a little disappointed that the Neutrinos are radically different in this iteration. I'd think the perfect way to introduce them into the show was this arc, anyway.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like how this Fugitoid is able to hold his own in a fight, as both this episode and the one preceding it has shown us.

I must admit, I'm just a little disappointed that the Neutrinos are radically different in this iteration. I'd think the perfect way to introduce them into the show was this arc, anyway.
I know how you feel. It's a lot like how Transformers re-uses old names for new unrelated characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On that level I don't mind. Just the lost potential for a group of Neutrino freedom fighters/objectors like the IDW comics and cartoon respectively. Seems they'd work wonders here. But whatever, they used Belly Bomb, and that made me intensely happy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So it's been revealed that the Kraang were once Utroms until Kraang Prime discovered the worm mutagen, turning him into a giant psychic hive-mind. Really digging that reveal. Also, that the "Irma" body was plagiarized from one called "Rook." And Rook was none too happy with Sub-Prime using it for his own purposes.

But the biggest reveal is that Kraang Sub-Prime used to be Knight, a strong Utrom fighter who turned into their greatest enemy under the influence of Kraang Prime.

And this incarnation of Mona Lisa officially eclipsed the appearances of the original character in the show. That's a retroactively negative thing for the original series. Shame that the obnoxious Rabbit (not Usagi) got more appearances back then. We wouldn't have needed a female Turtle if Mona Lisa was in more TMNT media.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, that the "Irma" body was plagiarized from one called "Rook." And Rook was none too happy with Sub-Prime using it for his own purposes.
So some of the Utroms are like the Arquillians from Men in Black?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They kinda always were before MIB was a thing. A peaceful race that got caught up in war somehow. The original comics and 2k3 series had them pitted in between the Federation and Triceraton wars.

Only time the Utrom were wholly malevolent is in the IDW comics, where they're the ones fighting against the Federation. In that continuity, the Triceratons were actually Triceratops mutated by the Utrom when they hit the Earth Millions of years ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While it was nice to see the 80's Turtles in the 2 part episode about where Kraang mutagen comes from, it was disappointing their appearance was regulated to the episode's stinger.

But fear not! A full episode featuring the 80's characters is happening. In the vein of Turtles Forever, but this time with the actual voice actors. The clip seems to do the same gag about the 80's turtles walking out in the open (which, for the record, they didn't do until at least third season), but this time the other turtles stop them. Krang is also stated to appear.

mr3urious

Reaction score
While it was nice to see the 80's Turtles in the 2 part episode about where Kraang mutagen comes from, it was disappointing their appearance was regulated to the episode's stinger.

But fear not! A full episode featuring the 80's characters is happening. In the vein of Turtles Forever, but this time with the actual voice actors. The clip seems to do the same gag about the 80's turtles walking out in the open (which, for the record, they didn't do until at least third season), but this time the other turtles stop them. Krang is also stated to appear.
I love how they're going to be animated in each other's mediums, too. I wonder if the Fred Wolf Turtles will comment on how bulgy they look a la Homer Simpson and Timmy Turner? :big_grin: