The Steven Universe thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I swear, if there's any series that has a rewatch bonus, it's SU.

The big reveal Peridot said about Pearls being essentially robot servants? Pearl made an offhand comment about it when apologizing to Garnet in Friend Ship.

Seriously, you're just at home and an episode's on, you basically get to see all these little foreshadowing moments you missed. That's why I love this series.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Is there any word as to when new SU episodes are scheduled to return to the CN lineup?

With the Powerpuff Girls' reboot and new episodes of Ninjago and Nexo Knights, it looks like it will be quite a while before we see new SU episodes....:frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, I just hate CN's show airing practices. I miss when they had a line up of weekly show premiers instead of "such and such Bombs" of a month's worth of episodes in a week and then long periods of nothing. Really don't like how Adventure Time and Regular Show were dumped on Saturday Nights. Even TTG which enjoys constant airtime doesn't have new episodes regularly anymore.

A full week of Uncle Grandpa was pulled with no explanation a month or so ago. That got under my skin. I get that kids only watch the show on phones now, but at least release more new episodes as they are released online.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Again, I just hate CN's show airing practices. I miss when they had a line up of weekly show premiers instead of "such and such Bombs" of a month's worth of episodes in a week and then long periods of nothing.
Yeah, I hate that too. I originally thought that the last "Steven Bomb" was because the show had been on hiatus and they were doing it just to bring the show back, but no.

Also,this is the same reason why Adventure Time's popularity went down so much,because the wait between seasons 6 and 7 were the longest we'd ever had to wait for new episodes.

Really don't like how Adventure Time and Regular Show were dumped on Saturday Nights. Even TTG which enjoys constant airtime doesn't have new episodes regularly anymore.
That bothered me a little at first, but not so much anymore. I guess it makes sense, in the sense that not too long ago,pretty much all CN used to show on weekends was Teen Titans Go and some Lego movies that they were forced to air because they were both owned by the same company. But now we're finally starting to see more variety on weekends like showing, "We Bare Bears", AT and Regular Show. Which totally makes a lot more sense, considering kids are out of school on saturdays so they'll actually be able to watch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm actually pleased with the Saturday Morning Line up of Tom and Jerry (but I HATE what they do with it, which I'll discuss in that thread), Bunnicula, Wabbit, and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo.

I just wish they'd have more variety on weekdays. Maybe split the new episodes between two days. Half the shows on Monday, the other half on New Thursday.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just wish they'd have more variety on weekdays. Maybe split the new episodes between two days. Half the shows on Monday, the other half on New Thursday.
That would be nice. They certainly have enough shows to do it.
Monday- Teen Titans Go!, Uncle Grandpa, We Bare Bears and Steven Universe
Thursday- Regular Show, Adventure Time, Clarence
Saturday- Be Cool Scooby Doo, Wabbit, Bunnicula.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And at least AT and RS are shown in a more accessible prime time slot unlike Transformers' butt crack of dawn showing.