Muppet Film and TV References

mr3urious

Reaction score
Fresh Off the Boat had Jessica's best friend dressed as Miss Piggy heading to a party with her date who was dressed as Kermit. Nice references to Kermit in that scene, as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fresh Off the Boat had Jessica's best friend dressed as Miss Piggy heading to a party with her date who was dressed as Kermit. Nice references to Kermit in that scene, as well.
Not to mention Clarence also had a flashback of him trick or treating with a feather boa around his neck and an old woman saying "Are you supposed to be Miss Piggy?" Seemed like a good night for Miss Piggy Halloween episode references.

Also, the latest Robot Chicken had a Dinosaur Train skit. Not exactly a good one, but at least it got a nod.

They basically took the Buddy egg hatching in the pteranodon nest as an affair, and it devolved into the typical sex reference and everyone dying bit they're famous for. Though I did like the touch about "how can dinosaurs be capable of steam technology, and how can they drive trains with such short hands" bit.

I'm surprised they didn't go for the more obvious "Buddy ate them all because he's a T-Rex" angle.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also got one from The Goldbergs last night with kids dressed as Alf, Strawberry Shortcake, and Kermit. Pops predictably butchers their names as he hands them candy, calling the latter "Herman the Frog" and wrongly associating him with Fozzie's catchphrase. He even gets that wrong as "Wockity wockity". :embarrassed:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Not TV, but Youtube comedian Adam Buckley recently did a video of the Top 10 Worst Songs of 2015. The Muppet reference appears a few seconds after 11:06 (talking about the song "Focus"):

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
There was a Muppet reference on Wheel of Fortune tonight. The speedround puzzle was FOZZIE BEAR which I knew with only the R showing. Yet none of the contestants knew even after all the consonants were in the puzzle. Strange that some people in the LA area aren't familiar with The Muppets.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There was a Muppet reference on Wheel of Fortune tonight. The speedround puzzle was FOZZIE BEAR which I knew with only the R showing. Yet none of the contestants knew even after all the consonants were in the puzzle. Strange that some people in the LA area aren't familiar with The Muppets.
Last night had SESAME STREET as the 3rd toss-up puzzle as well.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't see last night's show. I probably would have gotten that with just one or two letters up. Lol.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw that one. I guess they're doing a few "Sesame Street" references this week because of Beaches Family Resorts week.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
A while back on The Last Man on Earth, Carol was making a list of pros and cons for having a baby in a post-apocalyptic world, and one of the cons was no sesame street.