Your Thoughts: "I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story"

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Was any one else in tears when you got to see Jerry Nelson?
Absolutely. We saw the screening of the film when it premiered at the NY Doc festival in November of 2014. Jerry's widow, Jan was sitting a few rows behind us. I started bawling. And Yes i cried through most of the film as well.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I watched the documentary twice and I loved it! I learned so much about Caroll Spinney that I never knew before. I never knew he had such a rocky childhood, I think when I watched all of that, I wanted to hug Caroll. I think anybody who has been bullied or teased for anything can relate to what he went through, I know I did. You can definitely tell how everyone who was interviewed for the film really appreciated Caroll and everything he's done since day one of the show. The story of how he met Debbie was really sweet, you can tell they really love each other. And the scene where they reunited with the little girl they worked with for "Big Bird in China" was sweet as well. I think I almost cried when that part came up.

I appreciate Caroll more than ever thanks to this documentary. Thank you, Caroll for all that you've done.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
I watched the documentary twice and I loved it! I learned so much about Caroll Spinney that I never knew before. I never knew he had such a rocky childhood, I think when I watched all of that, I wanted to hug Caroll. I think anybody who has been bullied or teased for anything can relate to what he went through, I know I did. You can definitely tell how everyone who was interviewed for the film really appreciated Caroll and everything he's done since day one of the show. The story of how he met Debbie was really sweet, you can tell they really love each other. And the scene where they reunited with the little girl they worked with for "Big Bird in China" was sweet as well. I think I almost cried when that part came up.

I appreciate Caroll more than ever thanks to this documentary. Thank you, Caroll for all that you've done.
The little girl in Big Bird in China made me sob. I found it so kind that Caroll came back to see her.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'm glad we got Behind the Scenes but, I wish we got some MFC.

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
A wonderful film about a great puppeteer. I thought that the filmmakers told Caroll's story very well. If you haven't seen it, please treat yourself to this great film. :smile:

Pork

Reaction score
Absolutely loved this documentary! It was very detailed and personal which made me feel like I almost got to meet him myself.

Any other docos similar to this about other muppeteers/puppeteers?