What sketches scared you as a kid?

Luke kun

Reaction score
the male face morphing skit, at one point, the guy looks like bob sage.
The 1999-2001 Fundings.......the arrangement of the Sesame Street Theme sounded dissonant at the time and not to mention that super-ugly CPB circle (I didn't mind the circle much the first couple years watching PBS). However the Reading Rainbow and Dragon Tales fundings were worse.......
I haven't seen those fundings, but I'd imagine I wouldn't be fazed by the Reading Rainbow one because either A. I'd be waiting for the theme song to come on (so I could do my DMX imitation) or B. it was the end and I still had the theme song stuck in my head.
The Dragon Tales one wouldn't be scary because either I was waiting for or had just watched another great performance by Andrea Libman.

Last edited:

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
I was scared to death of the skit with Ernie and a snake singing a song! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

jasonsesame

Reaction score
Did that video scare anyone else? It still scares me to this day! :concern::eek:
It did not scare me only because it must have come out when I was a little older than most of the ones that did scare me. However, as an adult, I can see why it would be considered scary. The snake's voice with the lisp, his fangs, and his personality seeming somewhat sinister rather than happy and upbeat, would all be reasons to find him scary. Then, to top it off, he shakes his rattle at the end to show that he's a rattlesnake and not just a harmless snake!

Luke kun

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the slow-motion films? The one with the kid imagining what would happen if everything was in slow motion? That was a bit unsettling.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the slow-motion films? The one with the kid imagining what would happen if everything was in slow motion? That was a bit unsettling.
Yes! This scared the bejeebers out of me! :eek: