The Muppets Episode 11 - Swine Song

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Swine Song"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this episode. I loved some parts and hated other parts. I really hope that penguin doesn't become a regular character especially with uncle deadly. and can they please stop with the "janice is a new age hippy" thing? It just makes her out to be really... unsettling. and why did deadly take a BABY penguin to a bar? that was irresponsible.
I felt bad for enise in this episode and I really wish they'd stop using pep so much. I can't STAND that pron.
some things I did like were them playing the muppet show theme in the break room and kermit and piggies song. It was cute. I'm also glad they decided to "upgrade" the show their own way and not do pache's suggestions because those were just shallow and silly.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Well, ain't that a kick in the head. The optics on this look terrible, not just because it was the lowest-rated episode of the season but because it looks like The Muppets lost nearly half of the lead-in audience from Fresh Off The Boat. (Mind you, Agent Carter has fared poorly so far this year, so maybe that had something to do with it, as well.)

And that's after a day and a half of pretty intense Muppet promotion on several networks (not just ABC) and various public appearances. Yikes.

Well, I guess our best hope is that the small-but-passionate audience that has stayed with this show makes a whole lot of noise about how much they like it, and that somebody at ABC feels there's still some room for growth, both in the remainder of this season and the possibility of a second season.

I take some solace in the experience of Kristin Newman's previous ABC show, Galavant. It opened with just over seven million viewers last January and dropped three million of those by the end of the season, but ABC liked it enough to give it another shot (even thought it must have cost a fortune to produce). Sadly, the numbers kept falling in Season 2 (undeservedly so, from where I sit, as the show got MUCH better), but the simple fact is that ABC didn't give up on it.
I really Like Agent Carter I hope It stays on the air):
Maybe, just maybe, we'll be that lucky with The Muppets. I hope so. This series represents some of the best Muppet content (TV or otherwise) that I've seen in several years. Despite my feelings about last night's return-from-hiatus, I look forward to the remainder of the season and won't give up on a renewal until someone from ABC tells me otherwise.
I really Like Agent Carter hopefully It stays on the air?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
So THIS is why they're rebranding it--they want the Denise/Kermit/Piggy triangle to make the show part soap opera? Is that it?

Also, I think I've found a way to pronounce Pache/Pizza's name that's a happy medium between its phonetic and actual spellings--I pronounce it "pie-ZHAY." Does that sound OK?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's a shame that it's the lowest. Hopefully next week since Camilla is coming back more people will give it another chance and watch.
So :concern: and :cluck: may get back together as well. Interesting. Seems like love is in the air in the world of the Muppets.

Kermit and a banjo never goes wrong.
I was sort of expecting Rainbow Connection there. But oh, well. Kermit and Miss Piggy's version of that one had already been done in the 2011 film, so I guess I can't complain.

lady piggy

Reaction score
Oh my goodness!!!I adored this episode,from the begging all the way to the end!!!A list of things I loved!!
1.Piggy, as a devoted fan of course I love when she's on but I loved her personality in this episode.She wasn't all "Diva-ish" or got mad ,Her speaking Spanish made me just go Gaga!And the fact she brought back Gloria Estefan made me die of laughter XD the trip seemed to really calm her and help her sort things out.Of course the "I'm totally over Kermit " is completely bull but still happy to me my girl happy.:mad:) Also the Twerking...XD LOL so hard

2.Now Uncle Deadly ,he's never been my fave character but now I can not get enough!He's so sassy and proper, and his sarcasm is brilliant!!!He also likes martinis and apparently haha knows the real Gloria Estefan !
3.Kermit ,this little Froggy dude is getting really good at finding ways to keep the show still on. Also we can all see he still loves the Pig :smile:

4.Duet!!!!P+K <3
5.Rest of the Muppets!
6. Gloria Estefan Is the cutest Thing over evvvveeerrrrrr seen!!!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ouch, it's just sad that after all that promoting, The Muppets flopped in the ratings so bad, and barely higher than it's repeat rating last week, really sad to see, it did adjust up a tenth.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/02/03/tuesday-final-ratings-feb-2-2016/

Still way too low, and it's just really dissapointing, I thought the reboot could have at least brought back some viewers or at the very least stay the same in the ratings. I mean maybe with good word of mouth it's ratings will go up next week, let's enjoy those last few episodes, as chances for a second season are slim.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
A rerun of old Super Bowl commercials got the more viewers than new episodes of TV shows... Literally every show was new, but America would rather watch old commercials. Sigh. Hopefully people watch this on demand or ABC.com and boost up the ratings a bit. At least that's something we can do to show our support.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I really hope the whole love triangle thing between kermit poiggy and denise doens't become a huge thing because if it does I am not watching anymore. I HATE love triangles. They're bad enough in soap operas and harem anime.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Man, what is with these ratings? I think people want the Muppets to die. If I were Disney, I would give the Muppets their own show on Disney Channel, that way, it'll be much safer for them. But noooo, people don't want to watch the Muppets, because their hypocrites. I hate to say this, but maybe it's better that Disney should give up on the muppets and give them back to the jim henson company. So forget you ABC, for messing up the Muppets for not giving them good ratings!

Last edited: