Old Nickelodeon

Hayley B

Reaction score
I wish they show Pinwheel again. I would just love to see some of the shorts they use to show. I can't find them anywhere.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They seem to be reviving "Legends of the Hidden Temple," just not in a way you'd expect.

While Nick has had some game shows/competitions in production (or at least purchased airing rights to some) for a while now, you'd think that this would make a logical comeback as a new series. I dunno if it would be good a telefilm, but the charm of it was that it was a game show.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
They seem to be reviving "Legends of the Hidden Temple," just not in a way you'd expect.

While Nick has had some game shows/competitions in production (or at least purchased airing rights to some) for a while now, you'd think that this would make a logical comeback as a new series. I dunno if it would be good a telefilm, but the charm of it was that it was a game show.
I thought Legends of the Hidden Temple was weird and disturbing when I was a kid. That HUGE tiki thing with the weird face and deep voice freaked me out a little, :eek:. I seriously had tikiphobia as a kid, I remember being afraid of the tikis on the Lilo and Stitch video game as well. Ironic because Muppet Treasure Island was my favorite movie.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My favorite old Nickelodeon shows were AAAHH! Real Monsters and CatDog. Speaking of Nickelodeon things that scared me, I saw the Dark Harvest episode of Invader Zim when I was in middle school and it REALLY scared me. The girls at my school were obsessed with Gir and being an 11-year-old boy I wanted something to impress those girls with so I turned on Invader Zim and Dark Harvest scared me and grossed me out at the same time.
It was horrible, :eek: :grouchy:.

mr3urious

Reaction score

I wonder if Dee Bradley Baker will reprise his role as Olmec?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't see why they wouldn't. He is a pretty active voice actor, especially in Nickelodeon shows like Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob.

Though they didn't get him to reprise his role for the Hidden Temple "The Splat" disclaimer. They just used the guy that's the voice of the Nicktoons channel.

Actually, on the subject of the Splat disclaimers, I love what they did with them. Many a fan eye rolled at Sesame Street Old School's "not for kids" disclaimer, and the WB released Saturday Morning DVD compilation sort of made sense because of the mild language on the bonus features, I guess... I'm guessing Viacom forced them to make one for the block, and they just ran full on passive aggressive with it. The message goes from "this is intended for adults" to "you know what? You probably wouldn't like it anyway because it's not Sam and Cat." Not in those exact words, but the intention is there. Making these funnier than they need to be and getting some old favorite cast members back in the process to do it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as I like the idea of "The Splat" it does that thing cable channels do with reruns of shows that I hate. Taking a fraction of the episodes and just rerunning them on an endless loop. They seem to go through every Hey Arnold available in a matter of three or four weeks, while several others rarely get any play. I fail to see the point in hoarding episodes rather than releasing them all at once, since it's not like there are any new episodes of these things coming any time soon.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Hey, "All That" is being acknowledged by gathering a mere five cast members to talk about the past. Neat, sure. Wouldn't mind if some of the underappreciated players got a little love, though. They certainly deserve it as much as the big hitters.

On the plus side, those "Kenan and Kel hate each other" rumors still appear to be pure malarkey.

http://www.slashfilm.com/all-that-reunion/

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, "All That" is being acknowledged by gathering a mere five cast members to talk about the past. Neat, sure. Wouldn't mind if some of the underappreciated players got a little love, though. They certainly deserve it as much as the big hitters.

On the plus side, those "Kenan and Kel hate each other" rumors still appear to be pure malarkey.

http://www.slashfilm.com/all-that-reunion/
I can't comprehend why everybody is villifying Nick for not inviting Amanda Bynes when she did this to herself. Yes, I enjoyed her on ALL THAT!, she was one of my favorite castmembers aside from Kenan and Kel themselves, and likewise she proved to be popular enough to merit her own show afterwards . . . but after her career stalled, she went all Lindsay Lohan on us and threw her career in the crapper in favor of living a crazed lifestyle, and going onto Twitter to call everybody ugly (she's not so much a looker herself anymore now). Yes, it's a shame that she went down that path like so many young stars in Hollywood do, and it would be niceif she was part of the reunion, but I feel Nick made a wise decision not to invite her.

As for the rumors, I think Jimmy Fallon's GOOD BURGER reunion sketch last year was evidence that those rumors are, indeed, malarkey: Kenan appeared to be having a good time doing it, and if he really doesn't want anything to do with Kel anymore as the rumors have been saying, then I don't believe he would have agreed to do it. Same with this ALL THAT! reunion.