Your Thoughts: Star Wars Episode 7 - The Force Awakens *Contains Spoilers*

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
But can't wait enough for the next one and hopefully it gets here soon.
Here's the upcoming timeline as we know it, all subject to change. Note that episode 8 and 9 are going against the three-year tradition between the episodic films:

- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Christmas 2016
- Episode VIII - May 2017
- Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo - May 2018
- Episode IX - May 2019
- Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett (In Development) - May 2020

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll make any more films after the Boba Fett movie.

TheMuppetFan

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll make any more films after the Boba Fett movie.
Good question. I don't think so, as that's all they've officially announced. And, besides the Boba Fett movie is just rumors. You can guarantee, though, seeing episode 8, episode 9, Rogue One, and that Han Solo film in the theaters.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I thought it was great. It evoked a nostalgic trip for a lot of people who were familiar with the original trilogy. I liked the new characters it introduced, the special effects it created, and the story. The only criticism I had was that it was a little predictable in some areas, like for example, Han's death. Since someone usually dies in the first movie of each trilogy, you saw it coming. And there were some areas where it almost seemed like A New Hope: Version 2.0, but nevertheless the whole movie turned out terrific. I can't wait until it comes out!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
With Abrams not coming back for the sequel, I just hope we get a bit more time dedicated to the characters. I liked the new actors in this film a lot, but the actual characters weren't given much to do in the script besides run from danger and do fight scenes. The original trilogy was made up of balanced stories, they just didn't throw in some banter in between action scenes to tied us over. And none of the characters feel like they have obvious arcs. Rey is already pretty perfect, we know nothing about Poe, Finn is way too well adjusted to be a kidnapped from birth Stormtrooper, and Kylo's conflicted nature could stand some subtlety.

C3PO's moment was great, genuine bit of nostalgia for me, because he got to do something that was in character (interrupting Han). I can't say the same for Han or Leia, so not sure how Luke is going to turn out.

Will I see it in the theater? Well, I'll know for sure in two years I guess. At the moment, I'm mildly curious. I really don't like how they purposely left so much dangling and unanswered purely as an excuse to have a sequel. That's not how you write a screenplay.

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
With Abrams not coming back for the sequel, I just hope we get a bit more time dedicated to the characters. I liked the new actors in this film a lot, but the actual characters weren't given much to do in the script besides run from danger and do fight scenes. The original trilogy was made up of balanced stories, they just didn't throw in some banter in between action scenes to tied us over. And none of the characters feel like they have obvious arcs. Rey is already pretty perfect, we know nothing about Poe, Finn is way too well adjusted to be a kidnapped from birth Stormtrooper, and Kylo's conflicted nature could stand some subtlety.

C3PO's moment was great, genuine bit of nostalgia for me, because he got to do something that was in character (interrupting Han). I can't say the same for Han or Leia, so not sure how Luke is going to turn out.

Will I see it in the theater? Well, I'll know for sure in two years I guess. At the moment, I'm mildly curious. I really don't like how they purposely left so much dangling and unanswered purely as an excuse to have a sequel. That's not how you write a screenplay.
I felt the Entire film was more akin to the OT then the entire Prequels, I felt the Acting in TFA was the best we have seen since Empire !!!!!! and dont get me wrong I loved the Prequels but TFA brought me back to that feeling I had in the 80's with the Empire Strikes Back and Jedi !!!!!!!!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a nice speculation video for what might be ahead in Episode 8 and 9 including theories and easter eggs from Episode 7...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I miss having a "Disney purchases Lucas Film" thread because of the more general Star Wars conversations that could be had.

Anyway, I've noticed in a lot of the newer toy commercials, they're making a great hidden mythology gag by incorporating the Wilhelm Scream. I can't remember how many commercials used it, but the Hasbro Star Wars action heroes line (the one made for slightly younger fans) sneaks it in when they show kids playing with the Millennium Falcon's projectile launch function, hitting rows of Stormtrooper action figures.