The breakfast cereal thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
The orange is nothing. The Blob is a long forgotten early 80's mascot for Golden Grahams.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I still haven't ate my box of Boo Berry from Halloween.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The orange is nothing. The Blob is a long forgotten early 80's mascot for Golden Grahams.
Props to Big G for giving an obscure mascot a new lease on life, I guess.

C to the J

Reaction score
Somehow I knew the honey blob was connected to Golden Grahams. I guess I wasn't watching enough 1980s commercials to get it right away the first time. For some reason, the voice reminds me of Tom Kenny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whenever I think of Golden Grahams commercials, this one always comes to my mind:

The father looks familiar somehow, but I can't place my finger on who it is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Props to Big G for giving an obscure mascot a new lease on life, I guess.
And Kevin Michael Richardson is in it so... there's that. Probably why I like the commercials more than I should. I'd love to see a traditional style Cookie Crisp ad with his take on the Cookie Crisp wolf.

Never really liked that character, but then again I grew up with the Cookie Crook and Cookie Cop.

Actually, now that I think of it, the Satur-Daaaaayyaaaaahhhh commercials do have one slight edge for General Mills. They only have to make one commercial for a line of cereals instead of a commercial for each. Or even just going without advertising them at all. Though the Honey Drop guy is clearly not going to register if only 30+ year olds remember him. The Rabbit, Chip the Wolf, and Sonny are all over their own boxes of cereal. How are kids supposed to know that the blob is for Golden Grahams if he's not on the box or even associated with the brand?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember the original mascot for Cookie Crisp was Cookie Jarvis, a bumbling Merlin-type wizard. It's nice to know cereals can survive even if some of their mascots don't.

On the other hand, it would be nice if Bugs and Company could promote a cereal that outlives the run of a movie or TV series. (Although Tiny Toons gave it a good shot).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't remember that guy, but I do remember when Cookie Crisp had a mascot that was similar to the Hamburglar (I'm assuming in reference to the old rhyming game "Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?") and the dog who ended up becoming like the solo mascot for the cereal used to be his sidekick. Now we have that wolf.

Kind of like Drtooth mentioned how Cinnamon Toast Crunch now has those cannibalistic little squares intead of the old baker. Come to think of it, cannibalism (to a degree) must be "funny" right now, because look at all these pop-tart commercials where the pop-tarts themselves are always suckered into traps from these odd recurring characters like the black-haired girl, or the manly pink poodle, or the lizard thingy, so they can be eaten.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I have only heard of Cookie Jarvis (he was pretty much an obscure, weird joke on Community that was punctuated with a reference to one of them not getting it, growing up with the Crooks), I do remember when there were 3 bakers. The other two being younger looking than Wendel. I remember one was tall with brown hair, can't rightfully remember the third one.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't really get these kinds of cereals when I was younger for some reason. There was one in particular that I remember seeing a commercial for that I taped something off TV (can't remember what), and it stuck with me even though I never got the chance to eat it.