SpongeBob SquarePants

Drtooth

Reaction score
I give nothing but credit for Spongebob in trying to reference the old school hosted kid's show. Simpsons basically was grandfathered in with Krusty the Klown, and that character is specifically created by Matt Groening who not only grew up watching those sort of shows but once gave a detailed autobiographical piece in a Simpsons comic about how he was on one once. heck, when The Simpsons started, most of the audience knew what a locally hosted kid's show was.

Spongebob came out in 1999. I don't know exactly which was the first episode that used Patchy the Pirate, but it was early enough on. Kids really don't know what a locally hosted kid's show is. They didn't know it then, they sure as heck don't know what one is now. Spongebob's got some sort of popularity immunity or something. I guess kids that don't get it just think it's a funny bit or something.

C to the J

Reaction score
muppetspot2 said:
New episode on the 15 of February.
That's on the same day the Gravity Falls season finale airs. And for once, it gets nominated just in time for KCA. I guess GF fans would be a little cheesed off if Spongebob wins again.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really hope Sponge Bob doesn't win the KCA again,it's won every year since 2003. I hope Steve Universe or Gravity Falls wins. I'm really surprised that Adventure Time wasn't nominated.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I give nothing but credit for Spongebob in trying to reference the old school hosted kid's show. Simpsons basically was grandfathered in with Krusty the Klown, and that character is specifically created by Matt Groening who not only grew up watching those sort of shows but once gave a detailed autobiographical piece in a Simpsons comic about how he was on one once. heck, when The Simpsons started, most of the audience knew what a locally hosted kid's show was.

Spongebob came out in 1999. I don't know exactly which was the first episode that used Patchy the Pirate, but it was early enough on. Kids really don't know what a locally hosted kid's show is. They didn't know it then, they sure as heck don't know what one is now. Spongebob's got some sort of popularity immunity or something. I guess kids that don't get it just think it's a funny bit or something.
The first episode that used patchy was Christmas Who. And BTW, "YOUR CLOTHES!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's another reason why SpongeBob needs to just die already: because Tom Kenny sounds like he's dying doing that voice. Actually, I've said that about ARTHUR recently, some of the adult voice actors sound like they're dying after all these years (and the actor who played Mr. Haney actually did die), but SpongeBob sounds like Tom is straining all he can to reach that high pitch.