The Muppets Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "A Tail of Two Piggies"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight make plans to watch "The Muppets" new episode "A Tail of Two Piggies" at 8:30|7:30c on ABC. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 12 - A Tail of Two Piggies

A wardrobe malfunction involving Miss Piggy creates a scandal that could ruin her career, but Kermit and the crew come together to defend her honor. Meanwhile, Pepe and Rizzo throw a party for Gonzo to lift his spirits when he misses his ex-girlfriend.

If you saw "A Tail of Two Piggies" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
PREACH IT MUPPETS- PREACH IT LOUD AND PROUD!

YES! Thank you Piggy, thank you Kermit, thank you writers and producers of this show!

I applaud whomever conceived this plot because it is such a relevant issue in today’s society and the Muppets are notorious for teaching life lessons in clever and entertaining ways. This episode definitely had that in spades.

As someone who has struggled with body image her entire life due to being somewhat overweight, I related to Miss Piggy on a very deep emotional level. I’ve been in that position (quite recently actually) where there are times when I’m too embarrassed to leave the house because I feel ugly and useless. Piggy really wanted to hide from the incident, but thanks to the Muppets and Alinda, she managed to stand tall and convince the world as much as herself that being a Pig is not a disgusting secret that needs to be hidden.

Honestly, if I had people around me each and every day who were that supportive of me, my life would be so much happier. Despite the fact that all of the negative forces were from the network President and the sponsors, the Muppets stood shoulder to shoulder and told them quite clearly that that kind of negativity simply won’t sit with them. Everyone donned a pig’s tail in unity for the acceptance of positive body image and diversity.

The B story:

With such a huge issue being addressed in the A-story, it doesn’t surprise me that this was more fun than anything else. I love the idea of Rizzo, Pepe and Gonzo living together in a bachelor pad because it’ll create more opportunity for Dave, Steve and Bill to have some fun with the characters. It concerned me when the discussion of how they were going to get women to their party started to go south, but in the end I was impressed with the quick little moral the writers threw in about being respectful and appealing to what women are passionate about. Well done guys!

And as for Camilla? Well, let’s see how this plays out! Could be fun!

Other Notes:

· Eric Jacobson wins- no context needed.

· Uncle Deadly is getting more and more prominent and I couldn’t be happier about that!

· This episode wasn’t particularly funny in the Muppety sense, but it did play with the morals of the Muppets that Jim Henson loved to incorporate. Jim would be so proud of this episode.

· “One Million Angry Parents Association”- ULTRA META. This is the shows way of flipping the bird at One Million Moms with a huge screw you.

· How did I know that Kermit was going to smugly suggest that he had seen Piggy’s tail in various raunchy situations?

· Alinda was a cute little pig to throw into the mix, I loved what they did with her!

· Pepe being stark naked didn’t traumatise me like I thought it would…..that’s weird.

· Quite clearly, Lips has stolen my heart because I was waiting eagerly for him to speak up. Maybe if the Electric Mayhem have a plot again, Lips will pipe up.

· Again, the humans did nothing for me, however Joan Jett performed the only song that could possibly be applied to the moral of this episode.

· Gonzo got to be Gonzo again!!! Nothing better than landing face first onto concrete!

Muppy

Reaction score
PREACH IT MUPPETS- PREACH IT LOUD AND PROUD!

YES! Thank you Piggy, thank you Kermit, thank you writers and producers of this show!

I applaud whomever conceived this plot because it is such a relevant issue in today’s society and the Muppets are notorious for teaching life lessons in clever and entertaining ways. This episode definitely had that in spades.

As someone who has struggled with body image her entire life due to being somewhat overweight, I related to Miss Piggy on a very deep emotional level. I’ve been in that position (quite recently actually) where there are times when I’m too embarrassed to leave the house because I feel ugly and useless. Piggy really wanted to hide from the incident, but thanks to the Muppets and Alinda, she managed to stand tall and convince the world as much as herself that being a Pig is not a disgusting secret that needs to be hidden.

Honestly, if I had people around me each and every day who were that supportive of me, my life would be so much happier. Despite the fact that all of the negative forces were from the network President and the sponsors, the Muppets stood shoulder to shoulder and told them quite clearly that that kind of negativity simply won’t sit with them. Everyone donned a pig’s tail in unity for the acceptance of positive body image and diversity.

The B story:

With such a huge issue being addressed in the A-story, it doesn’t surprise me that this was more fun than anything else. I love the idea of Rizzo, Pepe and Gonzo living together in a bachelor pad because it’ll create more opportunity for Dave, Steve and Bill to have some fun with the characters. It concerned me when the discussion of how they were going to get women to their party started to go south, but in the end I was impressed with the quick little moral the writers threw in about being respectful and appealing to what women are passionate about. Well done guys!

And as for Camilla? Well, let’s see how this plays out! Could be fun!

Other Notes:

· Eric Jacobson wins- no context needed.

· Uncle Deadly is getting more and more prominent and I couldn’t be happier about that!

· This episode wasn’t particularly funny in the Muppety sense, but it did play with the morals of the Muppets that Jim Henson loved to incorporate. Jim would be so proud of this episode.

· “One Million Angry Parents Association”- ULTRA META. This is the shows way of flipping the bird at One Million Moms with a huge screw you.

· How did I know that Kermit was going to smugly suggest that he had seen Piggy’s tail in various raunchy situations?

· Alinda was a cute little pig to throw into the mix, I loved what they did with her!

· Pepe being stark naked didn’t traumatise me like I thought it would…..that’s weird.

· Quite clearly, Lips has stolen my heart because I was waiting eagerly for him to speak up. Maybe if the Electric Mayhem have a plot again, Lips will pipe up.

· Again, the humans did nothing for me, however Joan Jett performed the only song that could possibly be applied to the moral of this episode.

· Gonzo got to be Gonzo again!!! Nothing better than landing face first onto concrete!
Couldn't have said it better myself. :smile:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
"Turn..
Peak...
POP!"

This episode was fantastic! Uncle Deadly has some of the best lines. I love how they used the newsman. I like how the head of ABC is becoming a recurring character.

Absolutely loved the One Million Moms joke and how there aren't even a million of them - like the actual group.

However, I thought the episode ended in a weird way. What happened with Gonzo and Camilla? Maybe it'll continue next episode. I'm probably just not used to the show having cliffhanger endings.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thoughts on tonight's episode.

1 Heh, wardrobe malfunction. It's been what, a dozen years since that thing with Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl? And still the Muppets made it relevant again with Piggy's actual pig tail popping out of her dress causing a huge uproar between the production and :attitude: as the network censor. The main story had plenty of substance to it, liked the little piglet Linda that inspired Piggy to be proud of herself.
2 Uncle, By Deadly Fashions.
3 Big Mean Carla! We get to meet Carl's sister. Maybe there's hope for seeing the other Muppet relatives mentioned on the show so far.
4 The Unveil the Tail PSA promo.
5 Highly impressed with Joan Jet as the musical guest star.
6 Hey, they got away with saying the D-word on air, where are your high standards now Sam?
7 Who was that female character in the balcony with :sleep: and :boo:?
8 The secondary subplot with the show's writers buying a new apartment was also solid... Leading to :cluck:'s return at the end, which will tie into next week's episode plotline.
9 The "Who Tweeted It?" game was funny, especially beause of :halo: and how eager he was, even if he got almost every query wrong.
10 Cookies are for closings! *Remembers that for when I end up househaunting.
11 Adultiest content? :big_grin:: "Babies makin' babies."
12 *Tries to find a job where I can take a one-hour nap and no one will mind.
:smile: You take one-hour naps?
Yeah, you don't mind right?
13 Happy that Sweetums was utilized in this episode, just waiting for when he and Robin finally appear together.

This episode certainly used its power for delivering a social message, which the Muppets often do in their own inimitable style. Good for them. Look forward to next week's episode.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was amazing! I can tell why Tyler Bunch says this is his favorite episode. It was a total "FU" to the group that protested the series. It was nice that they gave a second-stringer other than Julianne a speaking park, Alice Dinnean in this case. Piggy screaming the D word at the audience was awesome. And the return of Camilla was the icing on the cake. The only bad thing was it didn't air on schedule.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Another first rate episode!

The premise is great, with a nice satire of celebrities' embarrassing moments, along with a not-too-subtle jab at the groups that were against this show back in the Fall.

I love the message - we all have flaws, and that's okay. Love who you are.

Definitely hoping the Gonzo/Rizzo/Pepe house idea will stick around. Sounds like a fun idea!

Favorite moments -

- Chip and the newspaper!
- Carl and Scooter!
- Big Mean Carla!
- The only girls that the guys know are Yolonda and Janice!
- The PSA!
- Statler 'dying'!
- "You know what? I'm nappin' right now..."

Gah! I could go on!

And yes, Camilla had a nice cameo at the end. :smile:

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I know I sound like a broken record but seriously... these episodes get better week after week! I would have to say tonight's episode was one of my favorites this season. It really spoke to our times! Well done! :smile::mad:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Thought this was a heck of a lot better than last week's episode. That one was lack luster at best.

This one was funny because Piggy let a little wardrobe malfunction happen, and the news media decides to go nuts on her which she doesn't like.

Funny points-
Big Mean Carl eating Scooter after Scooter asking for someone to help him

Sweetums messing up his work by not catching him balance and Kermit commenting that it reminded him of a Japanese horror film. Was that a Godzilla reference?

Everyone saying to heck with the network and letting themselves have a tail and showing it off

Animal trying to figure out if Piggy or one of the Kardashians said a quote

Joan Jett and the Muppets singing Bad Reputation and swearing. Nice touch

The not so good-
Lips not speaking.................Speak! Give him lines man!

One a side note-
This show needs to start zeroing on other characters and plots besides Piggy, Kermit, and side stories with Gonzo. Get the Electric Mayhem as the focus of several plots, or have a few of them like Zoot and Lips in a plot or two. Just branch out more with characters and different stories.