The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The friggin' local affiliate pre-empted the whole freaking night for election coverage. PRIMARY election coverage. It isn't even OUR primary. And it's what news networks usually do, spend the whole hour talking nonsense and speculating crap instead of small, interval updates. Instead of getting just the facts, we're getting obnoxious color commentary before the votes are even completely in.

So yeah. I'm a little freaking ticked off that I waited a week to see not only the Muppets, but Fresh off the Boat and Agent Carter, a show that DEMANDS you to see everything in order, by the way, just for the local affiliates to take a nice steaming dump of breaking commentary not news on the network block.

The thing that really ticks me off is our primary will take place on the day of the season finale. That's going to be a fun night of wasted television.
Wow, that is stupid, was it like an ABC news special report that jammed into the progamming, because if that happens to me I'm freaking done.

oknazevad

Reaction score
It was local only. I'm in the New York area, and it was uninterrupted. Not a network thing, and not something that in anyway speaks to the network's handling of the series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow, that is stupid, was it like an ABC news special report that jammed into the progamming, because if that happens to me I'm freaking done.
Barring the political rant I could post (summed up to, media over-reporting is why democracy has become a circus side show, especially this go around), I really don't get why it's so important to give nonstop coverage of election coverage as it happens (slowly) instead of just what CBS did. Small updates through the night that didn't impede on their network programming. If it was a national election, I'd see clearing the entire night out of programming. But it's a regional primary. My local ABC and Fox were the only ones pulling the all nighter crap, and it was merely just speculation and filler. And it's not like NH didn't have its own local ABC affiliate. Ours should have been broadcasting regular programming. Or at least putting it on their auxiliary MeTV Digital channel like they do with snow storm coverage.

Long rant short, it's 2016. If someone's that big a news junkie, they can certainly follow it on the various cable news 24 hour channels or even...gasp...wait the whole 2 hours for the locally syndicated 10 PM news casts. I'm not even going to point out that there's always the internet. Seriously. All we need to know is the score, not the play by play.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
For Robin to come back is one thing, but to have a plot in an episode? Man, that is awesome! Sounds like this will be an episode full of obscure Muppets from the past, as they are "auditioning" for a new wingman to replace Gonzo...this sounds promising.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/12/the-muppets-midseason

Alright, some new spoilers.

•The photo seems to show Kermit and Piggy playing Laser tag
•Marvin Suggs and the muppaphones will be back
•So will Link Hogthrob, Strangepork, and Mahna Mahna
•Gloria Estefan seems to be a permanent character
•The Fozzie and Becky relationship will end to make room for Gonzo and Camilla (who was purposely left out of the series for not being a grounded character)
•FooFoo will chase a ball into Big Mean Carl's mouth (???)

Sounds promising. Kristin is really listening to the fans!

Muppy

Reaction score
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/12/the-muppets-midseason

Alright, some new spoilers.

•The photo seems to show Kermit and Piggy playing Laser tag
•Marvin Suggs and the muppaphones will be back
•So will Link Hogthrob, Strangepork, and Mahna Mahna
•Gloria Estefan seems to be a permanent character
•The Fozzie and Becky relationship will end to make room for Gonzo and Camilla (who was purposely left out of the series for not being a grounded character)
•FooFoo will chase a ball into Big Mean Carl's mouth (???)

Sounds promising. Kristin is really listening to the fans!
YES! YES! YES! YES!

This is all I want! Get rid of Becky! Bring in Gonzo and Camilla's love story! Bring back classic characters! Make really creative new stories!

I LOVE this new direction the show is going in!