Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

beaker

Reaction score
Haha! No. They're not $50. Why do people keep asking this? These figure units are $25 per pack. That was announced nearly a year ago and still hasn't changed. Getting 2 (and sometimes 3) figures plus accessories for $25 is a good price point, particularly for this property. That's less than what 2 Palisades figures cost at retailers 12 years ago.
Oh man, was worried! As the preorder on Diamond said $150 for all three, I was like noooo! The Star Wars Muppet action figure 2 pack series were $20 each, and I loved the heck out of those. So that's not much off the mark.

I think people have to remember that although technically these are Disney, it's not mass production like Bandai and Tomy who usually do Disney/Pixar action figures so its still more boutique collectors.

beaker

Reaction score
Id be assuming wave 2 would probably be Miss Piggy with Foofoo and maybe Rhonda rat or other smaller character, or a three pack with Andy and Randy, or just a 2 pack with Piggy and maybe Animal? I'm willing to put money on
wave 2 including Beaker and Bunsen with fun lab experiments.
But that leaves one more slot open for a two or three pack. So hoping it's some really obscure character!

Either way hoping collector buying interest and online hype can carry us to a wave 2!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Haha! No. They're not $50. Why do people keep asking this? These figure units are $25 per pack. That was announced nearly a year ago and still hasn't changed. Getting 2 (and sometimes 3) figures plus accessories for $25 is a good price point, particularly for this property. That's less than what 2 Palisades figures cost at retailers 12 years ago.
How much were the Palisades figures?

Well the accessories are mixed for me
Kermit/Bean/Robin: The banjo & directors chair which the Palisades figure lack, also a stool & log for Bean & Robin respectfully.Why does Kermit come with a guitar? I understand a beret/clipboard. Just why is theirs a guitar?

Gonzo/Camila: I like how he comes with his bugle. Also I like how we're going to get a bag of popcorn, easel, & spotlight. Is their something to put on the easel? Also why is their a mug for Gonzo?

Fozzie/Scooter:I like theirs a clapper for Scooter which Palisades didn't include, Also I like how the megaphone is different too. Fozzie just palisades accessories that's all. Just needs a mic for Foz & Clipboard for Scoot.
Yeah, the Gonzo-mug thing was weird; Kermit should have it if anyone. Something tells me the mug was an accessory for a different figure in a different line, or maybe they just want you to buy the complete set. The empty easel is weird as well. Maybe just another already created Diamond accessory. If I really wanted to nitpick, the bag of popcorn is cool, but what does it have to do with Gonzo?

I think someone in the Palisades line came with a clapper.

Kermit's guitar is technically a bass, which makes it even weirder.

I think people have to remember that although technically these are Disney, it's not mass production like Bandai and Tomy who usually do Disney/Pixar action figures so its still more boutique collectors.
Yeah, so I don't think these are the type of figures we're going to see at Toys R Us or Target, just comic shops and specialty stores.

Id be assuming wave 2 would probably be Miss Piggy with Foofoo and maybe Rhonda rat or other smaller character, or a three pack with Andy and Randy, or just a 2 pack with Piggy and maybe Animal? I'm willing to put money on
wave 2 including Beaker and Bunsen with fun lab experiments.
But that leaves one more slot open for a two or three pack. So hoping it's some really obscure character!

Either way hoping collector buying interest and online hype can carry us to a wave 2!
Maybe Rizzo & Yolanda. On their Facebook page they are promoting the new show so the connection is there. I would almost rather see this be a line based on the new show rather than just Palisades 2.0. Like Piggy + Deadly would make sense for a pack.

I hope there's a Mahna Mahna figure (bundled with Snowths would even be better); he is in Minimates wave 2, so there is definitely hope there.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The clapper came with Clifford,the popcorn should've came Scooter, lets hope Gonzo has a poster for the easel.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The clapper came with Clifford,the popcorn should've came Scooter, lets hope Gonzo has a poster for the easel.
Now that I think about it, the guitar should have came with Scooter, but I really don't want to be anymore negative about this line, though it is just constructive criticism; overall they did good.

And I kind of feel like that megaphone is more synonymous with Kermit.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, the guitar should have came with Scooter, but I really don't want to be anymore negative about this line, though it is just constructive criticism; overall they did good.

And I kind of feel like that megaphone is more synonymous with Kermit.

If you get the complete series one, you can give the items to whomever you'd like. :wink: Maaaybe, just maybe there was some intent. Not sure about that, but it's smart marketing. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Now I get what Diamond was saying about mini playsets. So amazing seeing that box seat theater mini playset. Omg, can you imagine the pictures you could take with that scene? Star Wars, WWE wrestling ring playsets, etc. Have S and W in that thing placed above any figure playset heckling the figures!
I can forgive Buff Beaker, cuz ya know this will come with some crazy lab packins. Hoping they can sneak in tho a small mini figure packin!