New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MrCoolFace

Reaction score
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!
Well i have been doing puppetry for a few years and i have started making muppet replicas. i am just about to finish my Kermit the Frog and i am starting to make The Count. i do voice impressions as well. I can really do everything in the arts and i am excited to show my puppet creations on here.:smile:

UrZah UrRu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a Member for a little while but haven't been very active on the forums. Thought I'd just say Hi and looking I'm forward to being a bit more social on here.

The first memories I have of the muppets is watching Fraggle Rock when I was about 4 or 5 years old. The intro used to scare me so I would hide behind the couch until it was over then happily watch the episode.

Fast forward 26 years I still watch Fraggle Rock, the muppets and just about anything associated to Jim Henson.

I'm a big fan of the dark crystal and collect memorabilia, toys, and just about anything Henson related.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a Member for a little while but haven't been very active on the forums. Thought I'd just say Hi and looking I'm forward to being a bit more social on here.

The first memories I have of the muppets is watching Fraggle Rock when I was about 4 or 5 years old. The intro used to scare me so I would hide behind the couch until it was over then happily watch the episode.

Fast forward 26 years I still watch Fraggle Rock, the muppets and just about anything associated to Jim Henson.

I'm a big fan of the dark crystal and collect memorabilia, toys, and just about anything Henson related.
Welcome to Muppet Central Forum!

Alif

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents. Seems like most people I found this site through a search for more puppets from the early shows.
My name is Ali and the show was a ritual every week for my childhood and still like watching with my kids. I've hardly seen anything that can compare with the early muppet show. I'm now looking to add some puppets to my collection of items that were around when I was a child. I have to say the two old grumpy men animal and beaker are without a doubt my personal favourites. Looking forward to reminiscing with you all.

Steve Penney

Reaction score
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi. I worked at VTR Productions in Toronto in the 80's when Fraggle Rock and The Henson Hour were being produced. I was able to record about 3 hours of behind the scenes footage on a VHS camcorder and recently I have started to post it on YouTube. I've created a channel just for this footage called "Henson behind the scenes" and here's a link to the first upload which was shot during production of "Dog City"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYMgGGtgmA91KB8bw7pg6mg

You may get in touch with me at stephen.penney1@gmail.com

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hi. I worked at VTR Productions in Toronto in the 80's when Fraggle Rock and The Henson Hour were being produced. I was able to record about 3 hours of behind the scenes footage on a VHS camcorder and recently I have started to post it on YouTube. I've created a channel just for this footage called "Henson behind the scenes" and here's a link to the first upload which was shot during production of "Dog City"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYMgGGtgmA91KB8bw7pg6mg

You may get in touch with me at stephen.penney1@gmail.com
This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing!

OZ Muppet

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

My passion for the Muppet's returned recently when I started showing my 3 year old daughter the Muppet Movie and etc. Like most us the Muppet's, Disney and Star Wars had such an impact on me it made me want to pursue a creative career.

Would love to make my own Muppet puppet on day and still have some great collectibles after all these years.

SleepySchizo

Reaction score
Hello all, just found this website! This is awesome.

A little about myself: grew up with Bear and The Big Blue and Sesame Street, and got more into the Jim Hensen world as I got older.
I'm a starting sfx artist, I have a huge interest in animatronics and puppetry as well. I hope to start building my own muppet like creatures soon, and I'll be going to college for sfx real soon.

tylerbquick

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been a puppeteer for just about a year and a half, so I'm new to the scene. I work at a marionette theatre in Columbia SC and participate in our puppet slams twice a year, attempting to build new puppets each time. I have nowhere near perfected my art and don't suspect I ever will because it is just that: art! I came here because I love seeing other people who love what I love. I fell in love with the muppets at a really young age watching Sesame Street and grew from there. My dream would be to one day be a puppeteer on film. In fact, I'm currently filming puppets for various projects I'm working on. Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Thanks.

TQ