The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
While this is slightly off topic, I feel that this Two More Eggs cartoon is pretty appropriate. Plus, it's the kind of joke I'd do about bad CGI movies.

I couldn't stop thinking about "Food Fight" the whole time I was watching this.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
That was both funny & creepy plus a pretty good satire on CGI movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I couldn't stop thinking about "Food Fight" the whole time I was watching this.
Technically, it's more of a parody of really bad early 90's CGI preschool shows that sometimes popped up. Butyeah. That or anything from that Brazilian studio.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait . . . THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE is . . . coming out? Didn't it already come out? I mean I've been seeing trailers for it for months, I thought it was out already.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wait . . . THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE is . . . coming out? Didn't it already come out? I mean I've been seeing trailers for it for months, I thought it was out already.
It's due out in May, actually.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As many months as I've been seeing trailers, I thought it was out already.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
I heard today that there will be a Playmobil film coming out. Then I wondered, "Was it the success of The Lego Movie that prompted it?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a thread for that, actually. But I'm mixed. The voice talent sounds promising, and already it blows other video game movies away (that's not much of a compliment). I'm honestly more excited about Ratchet and Clank, but I doubt that's getting that wide a release.

I heard today that there will be a Playmobil film coming out. Then I wondered, "Was it the success of The Lego Movie that prompted it?"
Indeed. Lego was already a media/toy giant. Not as big as Hasbro, but they had at least 2 major cartoon series under their belts and several movies and specials based on licensed lines by the time the first movie rolled around. They're planning at least 3 more, a Ninjago film, Lego Batman spinoff of the Lego Movie (there are several DTV Lego Batman films already, but it's a different Lego Batman universe), and of course the Lego Movie sequel.

Playmobil actually has a Netflix cartoon, I haven't seen it. I don't think a movie will work if they do the same approach as Lego did. Lego shouldn't have worked, but it did. And beautifully. It came off less a toy commercial than it should have been. Unless Playmobil does something entirely different, I don't see it being successful. Actually, I take that back. I don't see it being good period.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Illumination (Despicable Me)'s OTHER 2016 movie about animals, Sing.