Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow, somewhere there's faint rumblings of Danny considering an EEE comeback, but that's like something heard from a person heard from a person.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I heard something like that too, but I took it with a grain of salt, because the last I heard, Danny supposedly shut down aka CARTOON after EEE ended production - I remember emailing Tony Sampson once when he released his email address for fans to contact him and he told me everybody was really starting to feel really tired from the continuous production after so many years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I've been checking Walmart for the last couple of weeks or so for Season 3 but haven't been seeing it yet, so I checked and apparently the release date has been bumped up to March 22nd. Oh well, at least it's still coming out. Now I'm really hopeful that we'll get a Season 4 set since CN and WB have made it this far.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's some bumpers Dilly did for CN during their really early days . . . and actually, I only remember the first one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I find it odd that WB/CN is actually giving more love to Courage than it is even to the original Powerpuff Girls show, especially considering a new PPG series is due in a couple weeks. Courage has a lot of runtime on Boomerang. I need to check, but last I did it had a full two hour block every weekday and weekend. Then again, TTG is their supposed biggest hit (probably because if you put a show on that many times a day, it's bound to be considered a hit if it's the only thing on), and the original series hasn't been on Boomerang for years.

But you'd at least think they'd rerelease the PPG box set or at least the movie in its original widescreen edition so you can see the Aqua Teen Cameo.

Muppy

Reaction score
I find it odd that WB/CN is actually giving more love to Courage than it is even to the original Powerpuff Girls show, especially considering a new PPG series is due in a couple weeks. Courage has a lot of runtime on Boomerang. I need to check, but last I did it had a full two hour block every weekday and weekend. Then again, TTG is their supposed biggest hit (probably because if you put a show on that many times a day, it's bound to be considered a hit if it's the only thing on), and the original series hasn't been on Boomerang for years.

But you'd at least think they'd rerelease the PPG box set or at least the movie in its original widescreen edition so you can see the Aqua Teen Cameo.
The premiere episode is already online for the new PPG for some reason.

I think Cartoon Network's plan for PPG16 is to cut all ties from the old one, besides the return of a few voice actors. I know both Cartoon Network Canada and Teletoon have stopped airing the original Powerpuff girls show, just recently. I don't know why we can't have both airing at the same time, but I'm assuming Cartoon Network doesn't want the viewers to compare the two shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Cartoon Network's plan for PPG16 is to cut all ties from the old one, besides the return of a few voice actors. I know both Cartoon Network Canada and Teletoon have stopped airing the original Powerpuff girls show, just recently. I don't know why we can't have both airing at the same time, but I'm assuming Cartoon Network doesn't want the viewers to compare the two shows.
Well, to be fair, PPG stopped airing on Boomerang even before the Boomerang channel's reboot. Maybe last September or so? I have major issues with that network even just before the rebrand. I really hate how they air TTG and, while I do love the series, Gumball when they're both on the main network enough of the day. They have PPG, Fosters, and Dexter's Lab all part of their network I.D's, yet I never see them. Courage is the only classic era CN show they actually air (at least that I have seen), and the rest is like one of 3 versions of Scooby-Doo and Garfield Show. They also somehow decided to bring back Johnny Test even though no one actually likes it and it was only good for like one season. It was only on the main channel for a while because it was cheap filler.

Muppy

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, PPG stopped airing on Boomerang even before the Boomerang channel's reboot. Maybe last September or so? I have major issues with that network even just before the rebrand. I really hate how they air TTG and, while I do love the series, Gumball when they're both on the main network enough of the day. They have PPG, Fosters, and Dexter's Lab all part of their network I.D's, yet I never see them. Courage is the only classic era CN show they actually air (at least that I have seen), and the rest is like one of 3 versions of Scooby-Doo and Garfield Show. They also somehow decided to bring back Johnny Test even though no one actually likes it and it was only good for like one season. It was only on the main channel for a while because it was cheap filler.
Does Boomerang still air classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons, or are they gone too? I don't think Boomerang should air any show that has been on the air in the past 10 or so years. They should just air classic CN shows and a mix of Hanna-Barbera and Warner Bros. cartoons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking, doesn't it seem like certain aspects of Eustace's personality got severely Flanderized for certain episodes? For example:

- "The Forbidden Hat of Gold": Eustace's greed and vanity are suddenly cranked up to 11 over his lust for said Forbidden Hat of Gold, so much so that when Muriel figures out a poem says that, "people who love themselves and their money more than anything else aren't welcome here," Eustace keeps exclaiming, "I love me when I'm rich!" And, "I'd sure look good wearin' that hat!"
- "Farmer Hunter - Farmer Hunted": Eustace was never the brighest pickle in the barrel, but this episode seemed to really have him Take a Level in Dumbass, especially during that impromptu game show Courage hosted, where he guessed that a globe was . . . a bowling ball covered in throw-up? Really? Even Eustace was never quite that level of dumb.
- "Ball of Revenge": We've said it before. Eustace never liked Courage, sure, but this episode he went over-the-top about it to the point where he was willing to risk Muriel's safety to lure Courage into a trap to kill him. If it wasn't the fact that this episode seemed to be written specifically to pander to the base, and because if you count the individual 11-minute segments, that one was the 100th, I'd say this episode should have been a turning point for Muriel to realize just what a terrible b@$+@rd she married and leave him altogether.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does Boomerang still air classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons, or are they gone too? I don't think Boomerang should air any show that has been on the air in the past 10 or so years. They should just air classic CN shows and a mix of Hanna-Barbera and Warner Bros. cartoons.
They air Tom and Jerry and the original Scooby-Doo. Don't know if they still have The Flintstones, but I did catch that they had it on at 1 Am for a while.