Now what's going on with YouTube?

Schfifty

Reaction score
You know what else I don't understand? Whenever you get a strike, as punishment, they disable some of the features on your account until the strike is lifted, and one of the features that gets disabled is you're unable to make videos unlisted. Doesn't that seem a bit irrelevant? I mean the way they police YT, they can find your videos even if they're unlisted or private anyway, so what's the point?
I would think it's probably because "Private" is considered more traditional, and "Unlisted" is considered more newer and advantageous. I myself find the removal of the feature when in bad standing irritating as well - I've been unable to use it on my main channel for just over half a year now.

By the way, I experienced the "comment disappears when logged out" problem today. It turns out that when I left a comment on the video, then logged out, then clicked the "Back" button in the browser to go back to the video's page and saw it wasn't there, I just refreshed the page - boom, the comment's finally there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Believe it or not at least this time I didn't have to sit through that horrible Copyright School video like they always make you do whenever you get a strike - I still had to take that test, but they presented the video and the test on the same page this time rather than making you watch the video first then take the test . . . so because I've taken the test so many times and I pretty much remember the answers, I just clicked and boom, got access to my account again.

I'm just glad I've never gotten a strike on my main/official account, but then again, I mostly post original content on that channel anyway, and whenever I do use copyrighted material, I'm always cautious as to what it is I use - i.e. content that's routinely taken down by copyright nazis like Viacom or Universal and such. The only time I've had problems with copyright on my main channel was that period of time where the Rickroll was suddenly banned in the U.S. for no reason (unless it's because T Mobile was using it in their commercials for a while).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, who the Elmo is Studio71_1_1, and why are they nuking videos for copyright that they probably don't even own the rights to anyway?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just realized something: even though my main/official channel has been verified, I don't have that checkmark next to my name that shows I'm verified.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now YT's doing this thing where it's somehow automatically deleting select videos from my watch history for no reason, unless it's a new way they have of keeping the number of videos in your watch history limited to a certain amount (which is usually 15-20).

Even stranger now is that a lot of my recommended videos are now videos that I've already watched, so what's up with that?

mr3urious

Reaction score
MarzGurl has made a very informative video on YT's copyright system and #WTFU, namely on some of the workarounds she uses for her newer stuff (like not using snippets of copyrighted material that are over 30 seconds long).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, Nostalgia Critic recently did a Fair Use video as well:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody riddle me this: how is it that spambots and trolls can still post clickbait links in comments, but normal YouTubers can't post links at all?