When you need to rant...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I like Drew Carey's definition of a Libertarian: "A Conservative who still smokes pot". 8)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hillary Clinton has now - for whatever reason - brought in Lena Dunham to campaign for her on social media and stuff.

Uh, Hillary?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but considering some of the celebrities the right associates with... ehhh.

If I see one more greedy, aging rock star suck up to the very same party that associated with those who wanted to ban their Satanistic music, my head will asplode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is with all these gnats everywhere? I mean, it's winter, why aren't they hibernating or something?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing I was trying not to get annoyed by as far as internet interpretations of entertainment go it was the "they were dead all along" theory. At first, they did have some interesting theories here and there, like the bit about Ed Edd n Eddy's cast. But now it's just, like, lazy and easy. That and the "such and such is supposed to represent the 7 deadly sins." I get that adults like to do dark, semi-ironic bits about cartoons they watched as kids, but these are starting to be as common and lazy as "such and such are drug addicts" or "such and such are actually gay."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why is it that every time I try to change my avatar on this website the site says that the picture is too big? It makes no sense because almost all the pictures i've tried to use have been smaller than the one I currently have.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why is it that every time I try to change my avatar on this website the site says that the picture is too big? It makes no sense because almost all the pictures i've tried to use have been smaller than the one I currently have.
generally, save the files as jpg. png files are typically too big for the site. Max file size is 50kb. Dimensions are 200x200 pixels

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Reps are at it again.

So here's the cycle we keep going in: 1. There's a mass shooting somewhere and innocent lives are lost as a result. 2. Obama speaks about the tragedy and reminds us that this is why we need stricter gun laws. 3. The Reps whine that "Obummer gunna b tryin 2 tak r gunz away!" 4. Obama's talk is dismissed and nobody listens to him.

The cycle keeps repeating itself the samy way everytime. So now that there's been another mass shooting, Obama hasn't said anything about it apparently . . . and the Reps are complaining about that, saying that "Obahamid dont care about us! He need 2 go **** himself!"

Honestly, this is a level of childishness that should even have little kids scratching their heads: if Obama says something, the GOP complains; if Obama doesn't say something, the GOP still complains.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The cycle keeps repeating itself the samy way everytime. So now that there's been another mass shooting, Obama hasn't said anything about it apparently . . . and the Reps are complaining about that, saying that "Obahamid dont care about us! He need 2 go **** himself!"

Honestly, this is a level of childishness that should even have little kids scratching their heads: if Obama says something, the GOP complains; if Obama doesn't say something, the GOP still complains.
It's obvious by now, heck, by halfway through his first term the GOP was trying to sabotage him at every turn. They're the party that wanted to get rid of the Filibuster rule when they were the majority party under Bush, only to use the heck out of it under O-man. Kinda wish the left let them throw the rule out since the right themselves are the ones that benefited from it the most.

And let's not even go into the fact they've been gerrymandering districts and overturning anti-discrimination rules so they can rig elections.

Now, with the death of uberultraarchmega-conservative activist judge Scalia, the senate (lead by only won the election because of voter apathy and lack of term limits for Senators Mitch McConnol) wants to block any nominees period until the next president because it's apparently not fair for a lame duck president at the beginning of his last year to appoint a for life Supreme Court Justice. Well...it's not fair if it's not a conservative appointing a conservative to keep the conservatives in power, since Mitch (rhymes with Mitch) didn't mind it happening under a conservative president. So obviously, they want to delay the heck out of the vote so they can put another right wing puppet on the court when Bush/Cruz 2016 (it's freaking going to happen) take over the country.

And yes, they want to make this an election issue so they can get the same Evangelical Christians that really don't want Trump or Cruz either to vote for them out of party unity so they can keep their values in the country's politics. As in, the only people who have rights according to a right wing SCJ are megacorporations (a lefty judge could overrule "Citizens United," a ruling that no voters, left or right wanted), fetuses (if you're pro-Life, you have to admit it's for all the wrong reasons), and gun owners. Women, gays, the working class poor, and minorities, better luck next dead Court Judge.

Make no bones about it. The behavior of the right the past 20 or so years has been atrocious. Impeaching Bill for lying about extramarital affairs while the head of the brigade cheated on his wife dying of cancer (but he didn't lie to the country about it, so nyeh). Bullying everyone to rush the the Iraq War because the son of the guy who helped Saddam get into power was in charge. Now the completely juvenile and abominable contrarian obstructionism and wanting Obama to fail (Mitch's rallying cry, mind you, handed straight down from Master Limbaugh). With all the bile, half truths, complete lies, and downright hateful rhetoric the party has been spewing the past 8 years, and the fact that their constituents still listen to the very same loudmouth, "not racist" racist, completely fake conspiracy theory vomitting medicine wagon men that got us into the Patriotic fervor of a war that NO ONE wanted... well, I say the Republican party deserves their freak show of candidates. They really don't want Trump and Cruz, but will suck up to them no matter what. They're also not fond of Rubio. When the most sane, electable person in the running is 'Bush III: Iraq will Totally Work this Time Guys," you know there's something frightfully wrong with their party. Though, I give the voters credit for actually seeing through him this time.

And for the record, it's not that I'm really that fond of Democrats, I'm just disgusted as heck by the GOP. It all boils down to Neo-Conservatism for the upper class that not so secretly runs the country and religious lipservice for the lower class Republican voters they're happily screwing over. If the Evangelicals had their own party, it would split the vote disastrously leading the left to win every time, let's just say. So we're all stuck with a party with Nietzschian Social Darwinism/Social Engineering and completely contradictory Christianity. And no one says a darn thing about it. Neo-Cons are not true conservatives, and if everyone who said "I'm writing in Ron Paul" would have actually committed to it, they'd've been Libertarians by now. They still believe in some far right, boneheaded laissez faire attitude towards business, but at least they're genuine about it.