Fraggle Rock Lineup Wishlist

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Seeing as how the Sesame Street and the Labyrinth/Dark Crystal wish threads are going well, I thought that I'd throw a Fraggle Rock wish list up as well. Now, this is a redesign of my old list (from the "Ask Ken" forum), but I've updated it a bit (I've been watching a lot of the old episodes).

Now, instead of a rotating “fifth spot,” where we’d get a repaint of an existing figure, I came up with the idea of doing a Doozer with each series. Each one would come with Doozer sticks and a cave floor base, which you would be able to attach together. The end result would be a set of Doozers and, when combined, a large Doozer construction!

BTW: I'd cheat a little with the Doozers and Sprocket -- I'd make the Fraggles about the size of Kermit, Doozers the size of Rizzo, and Sprocket would be...I don't know, maybe Dr. Teeth size? He'd have to be big, but not so big as to tower over everyone else. So he'd be a little bigger than the Fraggles, but still be about shoulder level with Rowlf and Fozzie.

First Wave

1) Gobo (with magnetic hat, maps, his guitar, and postcards)
2) Red (with radish bars)
3) Cantus the Minstrel (with magic pipe)
4) Junior Gorg (with radishes and small Mokey and Boober figures)
5) Doozer (red helmet, with Doozer sticks and connecting cave floor base)

Second Wave

1) Wembley
2) Boober (with laundry, soap, a stew pot, and assorted food)
3) Pa Gorg (with small Red and Gobo figures)
4) The World’s Oldest Fraggle
5) Doozer (orange helmet, with Doozer sticks and connecting cave floor base)

Third Wave

1) Mokey (with radishes, her diary, and Lanford, her pet plant)
2) Murray the Minstrel (with guitar)
3) Sprocket (with food dish, bone, and slippers)
4) Ma Gorg (with small Wembley figurine)
5) Doozer (yellow helmet, with Doozer sticks, Doozer “truck,” and connecting cave floor base)

PLAYSET: Trash Heap playset (with Philo and Grunge)

Fourth Wave
1) Travelling Matt (with camping gear)
2) Cotterpin Doozer (with Doozer sticks and one-man vehicle)
3) Sir Blunderbrain (with sword)
4) Wander McMooch (with magnetic hat, scooter, and "peas of power")
5) Doozer (pink helmet, with Doozer sticks, cart, and connecting cave floor base)

Fifth Wave
1) Sidebottom Boober (with magic Whoopie Cushion)
2) Convincing John
3) The Mean Genie
4) Balsam the Minstrel (with bongo drums)
5) Flange Doozer (with Doozer sticks and connecting cave floor base)

Sixth Wave
1) Red with hair down (from I Want to be You)
2) Brio the Minstrel (with cymbals)
3) Large Marvin
4) Storyteller
5) Architect Doozer (with building plans and one-man cart)

Seventh Wave
1) Marlon Fraggle
2) Brool the Minstrel (with bass guitar)
3) Rock Hockey Hannah
4) The Magical Spider-Fly/Fairy Godmother
5) Modem Doozer (with Doozer sticks and one-man vehicle)

PLAYSET: Cave playset (with Workshop and Gorg Garden openings) with assorted Cave Critters

So, what do you think? Did I miss anybody?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Andy,

I would also add Cotterpin Doozer, Convincing John Fraggle and The Storyteller Fraggle.

Id like to see The Gypsy Fraggle, Tosh Fraggle, Rumpel Fraggle, Marlon Fraggle and how about Doc ?

Also as Pack Ins id like to see those Cave Creatures that are scattered around the rock.

see ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Warrick, if you read through Bad Andy's idea-list, you'll see...

He already listed Cotterpin Doozer, Convincing Jon, the Storyteller Fraggle, and Marlon Fraggle.

There are some good ideas here, most notedly the doozers with interlocking bases to make a giant construction building. Do you think that this construct should connect in a way that it could serve as a storage housing complex for the various Doozers made? Now as for the sizing of the figures...
The Fraggles could be in a height similar to Kermit The Frog from S1 or Gonzo the Great from S2.
Sprocket, so long as he'll be shoulder high with Fozzie Bear from S2 and Tux Rowlf from S3, would be just OK by me.
The Doozers, though I don't think should be so high as Rizzo from S4 but that's just cause I haven't gotten that figure yet. If they can be made as articulated PVC figures, then would be best. If not, then maybe a half an inch smaller than Rizzo.
The trash rats, Philo and Gunge, could however be just as high as Rizzo.
The Trash Heap would have to be perhaps twice as high as the tallest Fraggle, maybe on a par with Mr. Samuel Arrow from S4 but taller by half an inch or a full inch.
The Gorgs would have to be the tallest of all figures, maybe 10-12 inches tall on a par with the Mega figures from the Muppets line.
This way, should we get licensing to make figures of human characters from the Muppet universe, Doc could fall in the 10-11 inch range and be convincingly just smaller than the Gorgs.

Other than that, give me some time to come up with a few ideas of my own and I'll post them here.
One question though, who's Balsam? If you can, please describe him with as much detailing as possible.
And is Bad Andy correct in assigning the instruments he listed? Just wondering to know which minstrel is which by their musical instruments.
Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
No i like the scale idea - Doozers the size of Rizzo, Fraggles the size of Kermit and say Gorgs the size of Fozzie, Samuel Arrow or the Chef. That's fine. There's no need for a scale between figure representations of the Fraggles and Gorgs because you get the little mini Fraggle PVC figurines with each Gorg so you can play seperately with them. Thats how it was in the show - Gorgs made larger to make the Fraggles look smaller onscreen, and in the action figures, the Fraggles being made smaller to make the Gorgs look larger. All great !

I like the ideas for the Waves and everything. My only criticism that Fraggles would be such an obscure selling item that you must have at least two representations of major characters in every wave. The later waves look like they are struggling a bit.

I hope maybe Henson does get the Fraggles re-run on TV and possibly some figures being done at some point. If not figures, some PVC's.

ButchCat

Reaction score
I think Brio and Storyteller should move up from the 6th wave to third wave.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Well, I guess you could tell that I was struggling a bit with the last few waves, :big_grin: . Maybe a hatless Gobo (I never liked that hat he wore in some of the episodes).

The Count, maybe the Doozers could be a little smaller than Rizzo. If they were small enough we could have two per pack, or at least more accessories.

As for the Minstrels, I got their names from Chris' Fraggle Rock Page. I wanted a whole set of them, just like with the Electric Mayhem.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the fraggles should be around scooter's size on average with the doozers at Rizzo size. That should match up well on the scale issue. If the doozers were too small they couldn't have much articulation which is why Rizzo isn't exactly to scale. Also, with the fraggles at Scooter size, you could make them more detailed and vary the sizes more. Boober would be more around Kermit sized, maybe slightly bigger.

The gorgs could be 1.5 times the scale of Fozzie with tiny fraggles like you said. And of course there could be a mega line of gorgs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you go over to my Muppets Listings 5.0 thread in the Classic Muppets section of this forum, you'll see all the Fraggle Rock characters denoted by a "FR" abbreviation. Got the majority of those names from Chris Rose's website, but he never mentioned a character named Balsam. But if you say that this character does exist and he appeared in an actual FR episode with the rest of the minstrels, then I'll go ahead and add them. Guess the sizes of the figures would work as you proposed, maybe the Doozers could stay the size of Rizzo with all his articulation or the size of the Thog PVC figure from Mini Muppets Set 2 with some articulation if possible. Like I said, I'll come up with some series ideas and post them here later. Thanks for the help and have a good night.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
WOW Bad Andy, that's such a great fan dream! :big_grin:

You asked if you missed anyone, and first character that came to my mind? Wingnut Doozer! Flange's wife and Cotterpin's mother! Dude, for the love of doozers ya gotta complete the family! :stick_out_tongue:

Oooo, and maybe Agnes the cute li'l (though scarily huge in scale to fraggles) "Toe Tickler". :flirt:

Hmmmmmmmm...maybe in later waves, I would also release "Winter Fashion Fraggles", as theyr'e dressed in "Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe" and "The Bells of FR", and also "Frozen Trash Heap" from "Blanket" as well.

Now if only these'll see the light o' day! :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Luke here. I keep reading all sorts of figure lists and few people seem to grasp the wisdom of marketing. With a property like Fraggle Rock, it would be important to have 2 incarnations of the Fraggle 5 in each wave. One of the remaining 2 slots should be filled with a fan fave like Cantus or Storyteller and the last one could be a Blunder Brain or Large Marvin.

I see only four major sets. Doc's house, Main Fraggle Cave, a Doozer set and the Gorg's Castle. Maybe they could all connect.

It has to be taken into account that these items would not only be marketed to die-hard fans. It would have to be geared to a more mainstream market in order to turn a profit. :excited: