Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pelswick was one of the few, if any, shows where that kid was the star. He wasn't the background character or the unbelievable friend of the main cast. That show is highly underrated and under-appreciated. That said, I haven't seen one in years, but I remember enjoying it.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
And what about Pelswick? Kid goes through the exact same problems as able-bodied kids, and he handles them as well as they do.
Oh that was his name I thought I made him up Lol I only saw a few

Drtooth

Reaction score
After seeing "Love Notes for Muffy" again today, I once again found myself wondering why Drtooth never did a YTP or deviantion of this:

ARTHUR: Brain? Are you okay? You're acting kind of weird today.
BRAIN: (Beat) Am I!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
To be quite honest, what I really wanted to use was Tommy and Timmy Tibble with their shoes on their hands going "Nowaynowaynoway No WAY!!" somehow. Maybe a 10 minute loop video?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay so, I was just watching a recent episode of "Arthur" and I noticed a couple of minor things. So,I forgot the name of the episode but it had something to do with Fern helping The Brain out with a school paper.

Anyways, I don't get how Mr.Ratburn doesn't know what a meteorite is.

And doesn't Brain's current voice sound like he would be a better Arthur voice then the person who plays Arthur currently?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ratburn's been shown to occasionally be out of the loop of somethings - particularly today's technology . . . but there's no way that he, as the toughest third grade teacher at Lakewood Elementary, shouldn't know what a meteorite is.

And Brain, like Arthur, has always had perhaps the most inconsistent changes in voice actors - they had a decent Arthur when these Flash seasons started, but there was something about his inflections that made him sound more like Brain than Arthur . . . then as of last year, the current voice of Arthur makes Arthur sound too girly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, fittingly, the remaining unaired episodes will finally air the last week of May. I'm still interested in seeing this infamous "Maria Speaks" episode, not because of the obsession with the character (which I still don't quite understand why so many people are so obsessed with her), but because I just want to see for myself why all the hype over a background extra finally speaks, and see how they execute her having a stutter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just realized something.

In that episode about D.W. being frightened at the aspect of a fire drill, they had perhaps the darkest and most disturbing image possible in D.W.'s nightmare with the Tibble Twins happily running into the fire. I don't know why, but it's almost as if they're saying "Join us, D.W.! Join us in eternal He[ck]fire!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ARTHUR kind of had more guts back in those day than it does now . . . but then again, some people actually feel that way about SST too: look at clips from the 70s on YouTube and just see how many comments there are from people who are like, "OMG! Litter on the sidewalk? Cigar boxes in Hooper's Store? Actual street noises in the background? And this is what little kids were watching?!"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
ARTHUR kind of had more guts back in those day than it does now . . . but then again, some people actually feel that way about SST too: look at clips from the 70s on YouTube and just see how many comments there are from people who are like, "OMG! Litter on the sidewalk? Cigar boxes in Hooper's Store? Actual street noises in the background? And this is what little kids were watching?!"
Upon re watching some episodes from the first four seasons recently,I think Arthur's major problem now is that it's not realistic anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's something I've noticed too. The biggest suspension of belief for me? Chinese restaurants that cook specifically for people with peanut allergies. Really? There's restaurants that cook specifically for people with specific food allergies?