Fraggle Rock Lineup Wishlist

GPrime1

Reaction score
And unless the Fraggles made a big comeback and the Fraggles themselves become a recognizable property to kids today, I can't really see Palisades wanting to invest in a series that went as far as a series 7. Although I would love to see some Fraggle figures, I think if any were to be made they would be of the main 6 (including Matt). I think at this stage in the game most people picking up Fraggle figures would be collectors.

WiGgY

Reaction score
My question is, how many people are going to buy Micronauts, or what ever those things are. Fraggles have to be much more recognizable than them. The only reason Palisades didn't buy that fraggle license is because of those stupid retailers who didn't know what they were talking about. Of course they wouldn't. They didn't grow up with them. If only the Fraggles were given a chance. We could have been able to pick up a Gobo and a Kermit.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I would say make Red 'Scooter sized', And all the rest in the correct scale to her.

The Doozers i think should be Rizzo height, maybe a tad smaller.

Sprocket i think should be shoulder height to the top of Fozzie's head.

The Gorgs would need to be the size of Kermit on top of Gonzo, I think.

Marjory would need to be around the same height as Sprocket, But alot wider and fatter. Philo and Gunge would just be small, Maybe a bit bigger than Floyds speaker.

And remember how many costumes the Fraggles have worn, It could easily be done to have the Main Five quite a few times.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Fraggles Gonzo-sized so they wouldn't tower over the rest of the Muppet gang. I know they'd be a different line, but I'd enjoy some interaction. Maybe a tad bigger than Gonzo just to allow for more articulation, but that's about right. Doozers could be a little smaller than Rizzo and come in packs of two. Gorgs would be an inch or so taller than the Chef with his hat on.

About the Fraggle line - Micronauts are geared toward a big fan base of die-hard collectors. Specialty shops know their reputation so that's why they are an easier sell. I wish it were different for the Fraggles. Not even Henson gives the show much attention these days. All of the puppets have crumbled and have not been rebuilt. They aren't releasing the series on television or DVD. Maybe after such a push, retailers will respond. Hot Topic (no matter how much some complain about the store) is a step in the right direction.

Anyway, there are regulars here who claim to be big Muppet fans, but aren't even buying all the regular series figures from the Muppet line! Such actions are the rights of individuals, but don't serve as motivation to create a line of Fraggle figures. Consumers speak with their dollars. I'd buy the Fraggle figures, but it would definitely cut into Muppet figure sales. My guess, it's not a wise decision at this time. Nonetheless - Palisades would enjoy making them and Henson would like to see it done.
:excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i think you've gotta watch it with the Gorg scale - they're not likely to make Gorgs the size and cost of Megas and you can only go so far in terms of size and material costs at the price of a regular figure so i really think just as large as they can possibly make it at that price. I would guess a little taller than Fozzie or the largest Muppet figure. That might cause a problem with them coming with the two little minature fraggles though because they would be sculpted pack-in's and costly too.

I agree with Jamie about why Micronauts are more likely to sell than Fraggles - although i think Palisades have had trouble with them even. There are plenty of small niche properties that i saw at the UK Toy Fair which you'd think unlikely to sell much as action figures but they all had some appeal to hardcore collectors of either figures in general or a genre of TV show (ie:- Sci Fi) but even they were retailing at really high prices. With something like Fraggle Rock, it's not really something collectors would go for in the regular action figure world, and most of the people who do remember Fraggle Rock would be nostalgic 20's and people like that so you really would need to get them onto the high street to sell - and then with there not being any kind of promotion for the show at the moment you'd probably still have problems selling them or even large stores stocking them. As Jamie said, then you've got people who will just buy a few (maybe one version of all the characters) and not buy the rest so yeah all in all, Fraggle Rock figures would be pretty much in limbo at this point.

Doesn't stop us all having fun though ....... :zany:

WiGgY

Reaction score
If the fraggles were in the same line as the muppets, then they would sell along side them. But, sice it's too late for that, I'd like to see a fraggle line if the muppet line ends.

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
I like your list. It looks like a lot of thought went into it. One coment though... IF the Fraggles were to become popular enough again to warrant figures being made; you did not really consider the longevity of the line. There are primarily 6 Fraggles: Gobo, Mokey, Boober, Wembley, Red, and Travelling Matt. Basically, you've burned out the series by series 3 (except Matt). Think about the current muppet line and the reasons Ken gave for Samuel Arrow as opposed to Nekkid Sam.

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I like the ideas for the Waves and everything. My only criticism that Fraggles would be such an obscure selling item that you must have at least two representations of major characters in every wave. The later waves look like they are struggling a bit.
Originally posted by frogboy4
I agree with Luke here. I keep reading all sorts of figure lists and few people seem to grasp the wisdom of marketing. With a property like Fraggle Rock, it would be important to have 2 incarnations of the Fraggle 5 in each wave. One of the remaining 2 slots should be filled with a fan fave like Cantus or Storyteller and the last one could be a Blunder Brain or Large Marvin.
Originally posted by Therecanbonly1
I like your list. It looks like a lot of thought went into it. One coment though... IF the Fraggles were to become popular enough again to warrant figures being made; you did not really consider the longevity of the line. There are primarily 6 Fraggles: Gobo, Mokey, Boober, Wembley, Red, and Travelling Matt. Basically, you've burned out the series by series 3 (except Matt). Think about the current muppet line and the reasons Ken gave for Samuel Arrow as opposed to Nekkid Sam.
I know that the line up would burn out by Series 3; I know a thing or two about marketing. I didn't, however, have too many ideas for Fraggle variants. I was hoping that you would all contribute your lists of Fraggle Waves -- perhaps helping me flesh out my list -- rather than point out the flaws in mine.

Any ideas? Other than the main five Fraggles in winter clothes, I really can't think of any. Little help?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wave One
-Gobo
-Winter Wembley
-Doozer 2-Pack with equipment
-World's Oldest Fraggle
-Sprocket with Doc's House set

Wave Two
-Boober
-Celebration Red
-Doc
-Convincing John

Wave Three
-Traveling Matt
-Celebration Mokey
-Cantus
-Murray Minstrel
-Doozer set with real tracks for vehicles and various creatures

Wave Four
-Winter Gobo
-Pa Gorg with mini Wembley
-Storyteller Fraggle
-Sir Blunder Brain

Wave Five
-Red
-Winter Boober
-Balsam Minstrel
-Trash Heap with Philo and Gunge
-Junior with Gorg's Castle/Garden set includes mini Gobo, Red, Mokey and removable radishes.

Wave Six
-Mokey
-Vacation Matt
-Ma Gorg with mini Boober
-Doozer 2-pack with equipment

Wave Seven
-Wembley
-Sidebottom Boober
-Large Marvin
- Brio Minstrel
-Celebration Red with Fraggle Cave set

Wave Eight
-Celebration Gobo
-Winter Sprocket
-Doozer 2-pack with equipment
-Firechief Fraggle

Exclusives and variants can include Winter Red, Hair-down Red, Winter Mokey, Hair-down Ma Gorg, Murgles, Mean Genie etc and repaints of other characters.

The celebration Fraggles are modeled after their radish festival costumes and the winter outfits from the Bells of Fraggle Rock. Just a quick idea from the given list. This has a pseudo-even spacing and each wave is a little bit stronger. I don't see any Fraggle figure series lasting longer than 2 years so I only listed 8 waves and 4 playsets. :excited:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

I think that Marjory with Philo and Gunge would need to be a playset. With the wall and grass and trees around her.

I couldnt see her as just a figure.

see ya