Question about Muppeteer Understudy Actors

Nostalgicman

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the person Marty is training is either Tyler Bunch or Peter Linz. Any thoughts?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think Tyler Bunch for Telly & Noel McNeal for Snuffy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It might be someone who's relatively unknown like Ryan Dillon and Billy Barkhurst were before they took over Elmo and Ernie. Or it might be a more established muppeteer like Tyler,Peter or Noel,there's literally no way to know.

Nostalgicman

Reaction score
My guesses for understudies on Sesame Street
-Grover (Paul McGinnis, as he performed him back at the '03 SW Gala)
-Cookie Monster (Tyler Bunch, if not then Paul McGinnis)
-Baby Bear (Paul McGinnis, as his speaking voice is similar to David's)
-Grundgetta (Stephanie D'Abruzzo)
-Telly (Tyler Bunch)
-Rosita (Haley Jenkins, if you watch Haley in Victor Yerrid's Pitch Perfect 2 Cup Song video, she has moments where it seems she is definitely capable of performing Rosita's voice, granted it wouldn't be as authentic as Carmen)
-Abby (Stephanie D'Abruzzo)
-Count von County (Tyler Bunch)
-Bert (likely an unknown)
-Snuffy (likely an unknown, Noel is only 7 years younger than Marty, so it wouldn't make sense for him)
-Murray (Ryan Dillon)

Any comments?

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Most likely for Cookie is Tyler Bunch due to Sesame Beginnings videos.

Nostalgicman

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, his name is Andy Hayward and he has worked with Sesame Workshop; http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Andy_Hayward. I wholeheartedly agree that he should be Eric's understudy and should be maybe even take over one of either Bert or Grover when Eric takes over Oscar, so Eric isn't overworked.
Okay,I don't know who this is but whoever it is should be Eric Jacobson's understudy:

Nostalgicman

Reaction score
I just found Andy Hayward's voice demos on his website; http://www.andyhayward.net/videos.html and he seems VERY talented with a VERY impressive vocal range. He does impressions of both Ernie and Bert (or Fozzie, can't even tell without visuals) on this. Additionally, he played Bear in Bear in the Big Blue House live (whether it was to a track of Noel's voice I don't know).