"Sing" Question

Princeton

Reaction score
Between the Lena Horne performance on TMS and the Alaina Reed version on Sesame Street, which version is closer to the original published version of “Sing”?

Princeton

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I always thought it originated on "Sesame Street."
It did originate on Sesame Street and that's where the version with Alaina Reed came from. But both versions I mentioned came out after the song was first published so liberties could have been taken.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The youtube clip of Bob, Susan, and Luis singing with some kids, with Luis playing guitar, is fairly close to the original. You can hear part of the backing track in the background.
Until someone posts the version from the Sesame Street 2 LP, this is as close as it comes.

Princeton

Reaction score
The youtube clip of Bob, Susan, and Luis singing with some kids, with Luis playing guitar, is fairly close to the original. You can hear part of the backing track in the background.
Until someone posts the version from the Sesame Street 2 LP, this is as close as it comes.
I looked up that very video and I think the final verdict is that the original version is an amalgam of the two versions I mentioned in the OP.