Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I was staring at my Palisades Beaker today and maybe we're just so used to that one that's why the new one looks so weird.
I think you're right.

People keep comparing the lines, and I know that's inevitable, but it just really doesn't do justice to the artistry of either. One doesn't necessarily have to win and the other lose. They both have their strengths. Here are some photos I collected from a simple Google search.

Beaker Source Photo

Beaker Source Photo

Palisades Beaker

Diamond Select Bunsen & Beaker

Bunsen Source Photo

Palisades Bunsen
Simply different interpretations of puppets that themselves have been reinterpreted so many times. :wink:

DSTZach

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been by lately:
- Beaker and Bunsen's arms are not switched, Beaker has big hands and arms.
- Scooter's glasses are removable, but have no set position on the head. They are set very far back in the package, and are positioned as far forward as they can get on the shelf at Toy Fair. The head is the same sculpt.
- If you want all of the accessories, you need to buy the Select versions at comic shops (comicshoplocator.com) and specialty stores. Select figure packs are $25 SRP, a case of six has two of each figure pack for $150.
- There will be smaller two-packs at Toys"R"Us that will cost less, but come with less stuff. We have done this for years, with numerous Select action figure lines, so I think it works for TRU and for customers.
- Minimates Series 2 had the figure that was not made by Palisades as a poseable figure -- not the figure line.
- Not sure if figure Series 3 has been pinned down yet.