The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Muppy

Reaction score
Though did Fozzie get to do anything, sad that there won't be no Gonzo, but whatever.
In "Generally Inhospitable" Fozzie did his usual Up Late co hosting, and in "because ... Love" he chats with Kermit for a bit, and has a few small lines here and there. He has about as much screen time and usual since the "reboot". Gonzo has like 4 lines in "Because ... Love" and I don't think he appeared at all in the earlier episode. It sucks but why complain.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Loved the use of all the old characters in Because...Love. We got Marvin Suggs, Mahna Mahna, Bobby Benson and his Baby Band, Howard Tubman, Dead Tom, and more! It was great to see the Swedish Chef singing his theme again, mixed with a Muppet Lab sketch, and Vet's Hospital (Although I liked Deadly introducing the sketch, I would have loved to see them use one of Jerry's old recordings, similar to what they did in MMW). They really set the ending up nice, with the "show" going on a hiatus until next season, and leaving the possiblilty of a relationship between Kermit and Piggy open, where they can pick up at a later time. Overall, two solid episodes, full of laughs and a good amount of heart.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ya, that's always annnoying, shows that are good get cancelled while crap like The Big Bang Theory keeps going on even though it gets mountains of hate, I wish we could get past this outdated system and track more than just live viewing numbers.
For the record, I don't think Big Bang Theory deserves the hate it gets because... well... the show is strange. It works like all other sitcoms work in reverse. The longer the show went on, the more character development kicked in. It's usually the characters starting out with strong personalities that turn into one note jokes by the end. I can see why those who didn't like it first season and refuse to watch anything beyond that hate it, but it actually does get better. And I attribute that to the characters being in relationships. No more "all nerds are lecherous virgins" crap.

But yeah. That gets renewed because it gets ratings. Same with most of CBS's line up, actually. Though Mike and Molly really fell from grace (they married them off too soon), and thankfully that awful Odd Couple remake has been shoved into late mid-season for it's renewed season. So HA on that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Quoting and responding to a spoiler post here...

If there is no season 2, then we will have no clue what happens with Piggy, Kermit and Pepe in Thailand! But kudos to whoever decided on the cliff hanger, because it will hopefully get people talking again, and will maybe get us closer to a second season.
If we don't get a second season to wrap up their relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce getting back together on social media like they did with the break-up announcement.

If they don't renew for another season, it would be great if they made a TV special focusing on their trip and getting back together.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Okay, so I have to ask cause I've already spoiled myself - why are they heading to Thailand? Is that Piggy going on vacation in Thailand? And why Thailand?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Okay, so I have to ask cause I've already spoiled myself - why are they heading to Thailand? Is that Piggy going on vacation in Thailand? And why Thailand?
It's complicated. Piggy is lead to think Kermit is having major doubts about starting again, so she wants to get as away as she can when the show goes on hiatus.

After something I won't spoil for you, Kermit chases her onto the plane and reassures her that he has made up his mind. Before they can get off the plane, Piggy falls asleep due to the Nyquil she took and Kermit ends up just taking a seat.

That's not the whole story, but you'll find that out very soon.

kathy26

Reaction score
wait a minute Bobby Benson,Geri and the Atrics,Droop,and Bobby Benson are going to be in this episode finale

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
wait a minute Bobby Benson,Geri and the Atrics,Droop,and Bobby Benson are going to be in this episode finale
Geri and the Atrics are only mentioned, whereas Bobby Benson (whom you mentioned twice) is present, along with Droop speaking. And yes, Howard Tubman has quite a few lines.
EDIT: I am now second guessing myself. It is completely possible that one or two of the Atrics are within the clump of old Muppet characters, as I don't remember completely.