Dealing with depression and anxiety

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You can change your name, but you can't change who you are.
Are you sure changing your name will erase the hate in your family?

I agree, families can be cruel, heartless, spiteful, and it's easy to relate to friends as family more than your own blood relatives.

But for the sake of Abuela and those that really love you, let go of that hate in your heart.
It won't help anybody, only adds to the hurt.
21 is a big milestone, I'd like to see your birthday be a HAPPY one.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot to have to deal with. It's not very nice that your family won't respect your desires to be called Ellie instead of your birth name, and it seems like they might be doing that out of spite or something. Hopefully it won't be too expensive to change your name if that's something you choose to go forward with in the future.

I hope your birthday goes well and you and your boyfriend can have a good time together.
I don't know but, today I downloaded the packet of papers filled with the process of legally changing one's name and I have plans to fill it out when I get a chance. Hopefully, over Spring Break and maybe, just maybe over the summer I'll be able to work on that legal stuffs.

Thank you for the b-day wishes, I just hope I can manage to have some fun.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
You can change your name, but you can't change who you are.
Are you sure changing your name will erase the hate in your family?

I agree, families can be cruel, heartless, spiteful, and it's easy to relate to friends as family more than your own blood relatives.

But for the sake of Abuela and those that really love you, let go of that hate in your heart.
It won't help anybody, only adds to the hurt.
21 is a big milestone, I'd like to see your birthday be a HAPPY one.
That's exactly it tho, I AM Ellie; all my friends call me that, I introduce myself that way and even though some of my jerk relatives won't call me that, they'll get me things with 'E's on them...

I don't know if it will erase whatever is eating at them but, it'll sure show that I was not kidding around, especially since I downloaded the paperwork; it took forever to find honestly!

I have counseling in 2 more weeks and am going to bring up my anger issues to my counselor. Since I did finally move past my urges to self-harm, I hope I can move past this too.

Thanks, everyone!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My own depressive feelings have been replaced by anger and bitterness. I'm not an aggressive person by any means. I hardly recognize myself anymore. It's like I'm occupying someone else's body. On the plus side, there has been a slight confidence boost. What I need to do now is find that balance between confidence and happiness. Wish me luck, people. I still have a lot of growing to do.

Happy early birthday, and hoping things go well for you, Ellie.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The SAT's are coming up on Wednesday at my high school and I am really anxious about it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The SAT's are coming up on Wednesday at my high school and I am really anxious about it.
I don't know if this helps any, but usually everyone is nervous about the SATs. The only advice I can think of is to stick with it, and skip questions you don't understand (but come back to them later on!)

Good luck!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps any, but usually everyone is nervous about the SATs. The only advice I can think of is to stick with it, and skip questions you don't understand (but come back to them later on!)

Good luck!
Thank you!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Things are very much looking up ^^ I have now made myself a stress relief folder that is filled with coloring pages (mostly of Rainbow Brite because I love her and all her bright colors really make me smile and always have!) Plus, I don't remember if I shared this before but, I was invited to go to England because of my high honors at my college and my mother has allowed me to accept that offer and, once I get back from that trip (it's from about the end of May to the 2nd week in June), she has agreed to help me begin with my name change proceedings granted that I keep my father's last name. It's not something I love but, I'll take it because as long as I get rid of my first and middle names I'll be happy and my mom's help in changing my name is honestly the best thing I could ever ask for <3 She is trying in her own way; I do have to realize that she did a lot of damage to her brain as I grew up and unfortunately, all the men who she was with (my father included) hit her into walls by her head many times and I understand that not everything comes so easily to her. I have a mental illness of depression and I need to accept that my mother is sick in a sense (she does not want to get checked out or attend counseling of any kind but, she's an adult and that's her decision) so, I'll let her accept things at her own pace.

After this week, I'll be on Spring Break and am going to be cooking for my abuelos (they'll be choosing their menu today :big_grin:) and it should be a rather wonderful time. Cooking is yet another thing that kills stress for me ^^ All of those fresh kitchen-y smells such as herbs and sauces heating up make the whole world sit still in a yummy and zen space for me.

The only real stressor over my head right now is a group project I have due on Tuesday; I did 2 parts of it because I have very little faith in one of the other group members (there are 3 of us, we are each to do a part but, I do not want to risk my grade or anything because of one weak link. Sure, another girl in the group works and studies full-time but, even she has already done her part)

I need to invest in some colored pencils and maybe even a pencil case for my stress relief folder but, other than that tiny project stressor I'm doing well ^^ Hope everything is looking up for everyone else as well <3

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Things are very much looking up ^^ I have now made myself a stress relief folder that is filled with coloring pages (mostly of Rainbow Brite because I love her and all her bright colors really make me smile and always have!) Plus, I don't remember if I shared this before but, I was invited to go to England because of my high honors at my college and my mother has allowed me to accept that offer and, once I get back from that trip (it's from about the end of May to the 2nd week in June), she has agreed to help me begin with my name change proceedings granted that I keep my father's last name. It's not something I love but, I'll take it because as long as I get rid of my first and middle names I'll be happy and my mom's help in changing my name is honestly the best thing I could ever ask for <3 She is trying in her own way; I do have to realize that she did a lot of damage to her brain as I grew up and unfortunately, all the men who she was with (my father included) hit her into walls by her head many times and I understand that not everything comes so easily to her. I have a mental illness of depression and I need to accept that my mother is sick in a sense (she does not want to get checked out or attend counseling of any kind but, she's an adult and that's her decision) so, I'll let her accept things at her own pace.

After this week, I'll be on Spring Break and am going to be cooking for my abuelos (they'll be choosing their menu today :big_grin:) and it should be a rather wonderful time. Cooking is yet another thing that kills stress for me ^^ All of those fresh kitchen-y smells such as herbs and sauces heating up make the whole world sit still in a yummy and zen space for me.

The only real stressor over my head right now is a group project I have due on Tuesday; I did 2 parts of it because I have very little faith in one of the other group members (there are 3 of us, we are each to do a part but, I do not want to risk my grade or anything because of one weak link. Sure, another girl in the group works and studies full-time but, even she has already done her part)

I need to invest in some colored pencils and maybe even a pencil case for my stress relief folder but, other than that tiny project stressor I'm doing well ^^ Hope everything is looking up for everyone else as well <3
Congratulations on being able to go to England after the semester! It should be a lot of fun to experience another culture and country. Plus it's also good that your mother is going to help you out with the name change process. Hopefully that won't be too stressful when you undertake it; any time you have to fill out government paperwork is never fun.

Have an excellent break from school!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

Aside from the group project, just reading about how your life is starting to improve has made my day. Considering all the hardships you've had to face, you deserve better, Ellie! :smile: (Oh, and I hope you have a safe trip to England!)