Sesame Street YouTube Channel uploading less content after HBO debut

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now what sense does that make? They've been counting episodes chronologically for decades, why suddenly do it differently? Won't this cause confusion for people who may not be well-versed in the number of episodes?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
They're posting some stuff on the HBO Kids YouTube, like the "D is for Dinosaur" animation from last episode.
Now if only they'd do that with full episodes.

I've noticed that issue with production numbers as well. That's why I just try to remember the episodes by the actual title. It makes things so much easier. :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
They started numbering the episodes differently starting in Season 43. Prior to that, they counted each individual episode. From Season 43 onward, the season 43 premiere was 4301, the season 44 premiere was 4401, and it would go on like that. The first 2 digits of the episode number is the season number, and the last 2 digits is which episode it is of the season. So episode 4610 = the 10th episode of season 46. Much better way to keep track of episodes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would say it started moreso in season 44; the season 43 ones serendipitously matched the episode order by season and chronologically.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see the hurricane episodes have been taken down, but at least I can say those I managed to tape when they first aired in 2001, so that's too much of a total loss.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think those are still up on the Sesame Workshop website as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but their site doesn't work 90% of the time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Really? I don't look at that much. I usually use You Tube. That's kind of disappointing because I was hoping that they'd eventually put the HBO episodes on that site for people who don't get the network, but if the site isn't working that probably wouldn't do much good.