My daughter was Jim Henson today

pjtoadie

Reaction score
My daughter had a living museum today at her school and she was Jim Henson! They got to pick their top 3 choices a couple of months ago and basically it was Jim Henson or bust for her lol. I contacted The Jim Henson Company and The Muppets Studio to see if they could send something to help her with the project and they both did! TJHC sent her a first edition of "Gobo and the River" and TMS sent her a keychain, pen, and the "Jim Henson-The Works" book that is awesome!! Here a few pictures from today :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My daughter had a living museum today at her school and she was Jim Henson! They got to pick their top 3 choices a couple of months ago and basically it was Jim Henson or bust for her lol. I contacted The Jim Henson Company and The Muppets Studio to see if they could send something to help her with the project and they both did! TJHC sent her a first edition of "Gobo and the River" and TMS sent her a keychain, pen, and the "Jim Henson-The Works" book that is awesome!! Here a few pictures from today :smile:

That's awesome!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score

This is wonderful! I'm so happy to see kids being inspired by someone as wonderful as Jim rather than some pop star or actor.

I'm just wondering, how did you get in touch with The Muppets Studio? Was there any particular address you used or did you email them?

pjtoadie

Reaction score
This is wonderful! I'm so happy to see kids being inspired by someone as wonderful as Jim rather than some pop star or actor.

I'm just wondering, how did you get in touch with The Muppets Studio? Was there any particular address you used or did you email them?
Thank you! I completely agree!! I emailed them by going to LinkedIn and searching for employees of The Muppets Studio.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to parrot what JimAndFrank said, it's so wonderful to see today's youth be inspired by someone as innovative as Jim Henson was -- I've been concerned for quite some time now with the way Disney has been effective erasing Jim's name from anything Muppets (even going so far as to say "Based on characters and properties owned by Disney" in the credits of both movies) that kids today wouldn't even know who he is and what he has to do with the Muppets; so this is really refreshing to see.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
That's awesome! I don't enough kids appreciate Jim Henson or The Muppets these days, they'd rather admire some trashy celebrity or pop star and follow their lead. Your daughter is already an awesome person for being a Jim Henson fan.

pjtoadie

Reaction score
I have to parrot what JimAndFrank said, it's so wonderful to see today's youth be inspired by someone as innovative as Jim Henson was -- I've been concerned for quite some time now with the way Disney has been effective erasing Jim's name from anything Muppets (even going so far as to say "Based on characters and properties owned by Disney" in the credits of both movies) that kids today wouldn't even know who he is and what he has to do with the Muppets; so this is really refreshing to see.
Yeah it's sad that Disney seems to be erasing Jim Henson from The Muppets. This is coming from a Disney fan too lol.

pjtoadie

Reaction score
That's awesome! I don't enough kids appreciate Jim Henson or The Muppets these days, they'd rather admire some trashy celebrity or pop star and follow their lead. Your daughter is already an awesome person for being a Jim Henson fan.
Aww thanks :big_grin: