Best and Worst Sesame Guest stars

Drtooth

Reaction score
Best: Robin Williams. I loved his skits about alive and the one with the baseball playing kids. Hearing him impersonate the Twohead? Man that rocked!

Pink Panther: Clever! K for Karate

Jughead: Performed by the great Howard Morris.

The Simpsons: My fave cartoon family interacting with the Muppets? True magic.

Artie Johnson as the Nazi from laugh in: Never saw it. But seeing someone play a nazi agent on Sesame Street is CLASSIC!

Ray Charles, Paul Simon: Need I say more

Robert DeNero: Seeing him on Sesame Street period is great.

Worst
N Sync and the Backstreet boys: Bleck!!!
Today Arron Carter and his brother completely ruined a Two headed monster skit for me! That takes a lot of yuck!

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Jughead: Performed by the great Howard Morris.

Is that right? For some reason I thought that was Casey Kasem. Live and learn.

CookieFan

Reaction score
My favorite is R.E.M. doing "Furry Happy Monsters"

ssetta

Reaction score
I loved Stevie Wonder's performance of "Superstition" and "123 Sesame Street." I also liked Johnny Cash, James Taylor, Lena Horne, and all those great musicians.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Mel Gibson as Hamlet, Martin Riggs and himself...

Robert DeNiro demonstrating method acting...

Jim Carrey putting his own spin on a Steve Martin routine...

Mike Myers as Wayne Campbell, extolling the virtues of reading and hoisting a tuba over his head like Jimi Hendrix...

Appearances I wish I could've seen: Kathleen Turner, Debra Winger and Robert Redford.

Worst Appearance: I don't know...I've been able to tolerate all that I've seen, even the teen singers.

Sincerely,

John "manofthestreet" Kilduff

janicegroupie

Reaction score
My favorite was Ray Charles singing Bein' Green on the 20th anniversary special. That was just really cool because it's the best non-Muppet version of that song.

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
Yes, Stevie Wonder's "123 Sesame Street" was really good! Another good Robin Williams' skit you forgot (which is my favorite) is the same/different discussion he has with a Robin...the robin then sings "Lullaby of Birdland" to show a difference...he is a great singer and Robin W. is not! Funny stuff...

I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with the Jim Carrey bit. I think the whole "rubber man" thing lost its luster some time ago. Personally, I think that Jim Carrey himself lost his luster some time ago, but that's just one man's opinion! :big_grin:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Now no flames to me on this one until you read on:smile:

The best guest star is none other than Kermit The Frog

Now before you flame me, here's my reasons why I consider him a guest star:

1- Kermit is owned by The Jim Henson Company and thus gets seperate billing in credits at the end of the show saying he's copyright of The Henson Company

2- Kermit started out on Sesame, but as the years went on, he would appear occasionally as opposed to say Ernie and Bert who would appear constantly.

3- How often do we see Kermit now adays on Sesame in new skits ? Most of the skits that are shown are from the early years and on.

4- Kermit got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, thus making him a star :smile: , so if he appears on Sesame, he's a guest star

This is just my opinion..Thanks for reading

Michael