Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Schfifty

Reaction score
You know the "Cat's Can" cartoon from the '80s that Dan Haskett animated, and how it has that cool B&W, shaded art style? There's this other cartoon from around the same time that was about the dangers of crossing the street alone, and it had essentially the same art style as in "Cat's Can." What I don't know is, did Dan Haskett do this cartoon as well? I haven't seen any sources online for who did this cartoon, but it'd sure be fun to know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That Emmy appearance was interesting. Is it just me, or was Buster being performed by Richard Hunt in that appearance? It doesn't sound like Marty's voice for the character.

It is interesting that Jim was able to perform there while Frank didn't, since this was a few years before he became a director (his only directing credits being The Dark Crystal and the number three ball film). I would have thought Jim would have been the one unavailable for the appearance.

It's interesting how Forgetful Jones doesn't appear, yet Clementine and Buster do (I think i saw an additional cowboy with Clementine).

I feel like Aristotle should have been in this, since he was on the show at the time. Of course I also feel like Bruno should have been there, carrying Oscar on-stage as opposed to the trash can already being there (I wonder how much time it would have taken Caroll to change from Bruno to Big Bird, if there would have been time to do so before Big Bird entered the stage at the end).

I wonder if Brian Meehl was performing Barkley or Telly. I feel like he would have normally been inside Telly (Martin Robinson has said that he always performs Snuffy if Snuffy and Telly appear together, even if Telly gets more dialogue), and Telly's voice could have been pre-recorded (since most of it is singing). And yet there seems to be something different about Barkley's movements.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Frank always seemed to have his own interests on the side outside of the Muppets that enabled him quite a bit of time off. Caroll once noted that one of the reasons Jim needed an additional performer for Big Bird and Oscar - aside from Frank refusing to get inside another suite - was Frank didn't want to come in every day; he was sculpting at the time (such as the Number Three Ball wire sculpture) and wanted time to pursue that.