Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Me too! Not for the sake of negativity, but because I've followed that guy for ages.
Interesting. I've been looking forward to this too. I mostly agree with him. My few of contention is that he's making fan judgments that are not completely accurate.

While I like Palisades' series one Scooter, he deserves more ire than this one. The face shape, the glasses, the open jacket are all wrong. I've got the puppet specs and they fit this one a lot better. I wish they glasses had been better placed in the packaging and that some of the paint apps had been better applied.

Also, this Robin is probably the most accurate yet. He's a tough character to nail because he's so strangely shaped and the puppet itself is so small that he always looks a little misshapen.

I wish he'd raved more about Bean. He's not simply an accessory. He's much more detailed and articulated that I expected. Also, the paint apps are near perfect for him.

I'm so glad he appreciated Fozzie. That's the mug I remember from the 80's. I don't know what he's talking about when referencing the polka-dot pattern. Maybe he needs to reference a photo.

He's right about the texture being obscured by the paint apps on all of these. I hope that will be remedied next series.

Also, he remarked on the Kermit green being perfect. The funny thing is, neither the Palisades nor this version got that quite right, but it's close.

In all, I think this is a pretty fair assessment. As both a designer and fan, I am very opinionated too. Most of those opinions come from research I've done for legit work and the nostalgia for the best eras of each puppet build. :smile:

Rtec1

Reaction score
Bought the three sets today in the UK and I think they are fantastic little figures that look a lot better than the pictures I'm seeing online give them credit for.

I've got about 10 Palisades figures and I've got to say I think I prefer these in smaller size. All I'd say to anyone ordering online beware because I saw two sets of each today and the paint apps were awful on some of the figures.

Fozzie's hat is a bit irritating, I left the rubber band on Scooter's glasses to avoid that problem. Saw one review on YouTube claiming the figures can't hold the accessories but I've got Gonzo holding his cup in one hand and popcorn resting under his other arm. And Scooters megaphone can be held.

Last edited:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i managed to find these guys here in the uk yesterday at my local forbidden planet and i love them. There are a few paint issues but none major as they are very small. i really can't wait to buy wave 2 and the line continues i'd love to see all the characters palisades done in this scale and then some. Please make us a bobo and thog please diamond i'm begging ya :smile:

Rtec1

Reaction score
i managed to find these guys here in the uk yesterday at my local forbidden planet and i love them. There are a few paint issues but none major as they are very small. i really can't wait to buy wave 2 and the line continues i'd love to see all the characters palisades done in this scale and then some. Please make us a bobo and thog please diamond i'm begging ya :smile:
Shaftesbury Ave. Forbidden Planet?
The three sets I left in there today had really bad paint issues.
Can't stop looking at these, desperately want wave 2 now too!
Hoping for naked Rowlf.
Don't think people will appreciate these in this scale until they see them out of the box for themselves.

Hartley

Reaction score
Well, delighted as I am to see a new line of muppet figures, I'll be giving these a miss. That seam line on Kermit's upper lip just looks awful and kills any likeness stone dead, the eyes are very crude, and I still think his hands are way too big. The other figures don't seem so bad (and Bean and Robin do look great), but still, I'm out.

Rtec1

Reaction score
The seam line on his face looks a lot worse on the close up pictures of the mwctoys review than it does in person. Don't know if I got a better one but hardly noticeable at all on mine

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Who does everyone wanna see Diamond make that Palisades didn't get to? Top 4?
Mine are:

Bobo
Walter
Constantine
Mahna Mahna and the Snowths

christianpyro

Reaction score
I would want:

Bobo the Bear
Big Mean Carl
Sal Manilla
Doglion
Clueless Morgan

In that order. Of those the top three "might" have a chance, with Sal Manilla bieng the most likely I would think.