Scary Fraggle Moments

theSHE124

Reaction score
It was like so, Triple S. :coy: I should know: I asked that question back when Steve was teaching Muppet-like exercises at the Center. He explained to us that there was an electric mechanism inside the mouth puppet that makes the eyes move rather realistically. However, he's the kinda guy who didn't quite like it, so he seldom used it for Wembley.

Still, this was effective, in accordance to the Steve Whitmire Rule: the less you use robotic effects for a puppet, the more likely audience will notice the incredible effect!

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
How about that weird from creature from "Junior Sells the Farm". That guy gave me the creeps...and he would always pop out of nowhere with some crazy sound effect. I think he was a frog but I don't know if he had a name. :embarrassed:
I so agree that was a little bit of a freaky episode when I was younger.

superboober

Reaction score
Come to think of it, Ma going wide eyed and screaming in terror at the sight of Gobo in the opening credits was always bit unnerving as a child.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
I just remembered... I was absolutely terrified of "Incredible Shrinking Mokey"! That Begoony character gave me nightmares as a kid! :eek:

Streed

Reaction score
The eerie voice that answers Wembley when he's playing Heidi Ho in The Terrible Tunnel still scares the bejesus out of me. Seriously, I cannot watch that part of that episode after dark. It's THAT creepy.

The eerie music and sounds heard in The Day the Music Died when the Ditzies are dying, and when the Ditzies themselves appear and speak to the Fraggles. Can't watch this one after dark either.

The Cave of Shadows in Pebble Pox Blues is creepy. The music AND the shadows creep me out. Yet another I can't watch after dark.

Go ahead and laugh, but I find Rhyming Rock scary. I mean, a rock that moves by itself, back and forth like a pendulum (I have a fear of pendulums) and actually SPEAKS? In a deep, echoey voice? Of course it's scary! The fact that it sort of looks like it has a face (if you look at it just right) doesn't help. But luckily it's not so creepy that I can't watch it after dark. :stick_out_tongue:
I definitely agree with your feelings on The Cave of Shadows, I've grown up with the fear of ghosts since I was practically raised on paranormal media and my mother's spiritual and has always warned me about the dangerous of trifling with the spiritual realm, so the shadows in that cave struck a serious nerve with me, I first watched that episode in the middle of the night and I remember being so shaken by those weird unnatural silent shadows, it even gave me nightmares and I'd seldom watch that episode, the spectral atmospheric music was quite frightening as well. another aspect about that episode that's always and to a lesser degree still startles me is the score that plays after pox start appearing on wembley, to this day I have never heard a score more unrelentingly terrifying than that one..