Will HBO have any Classic Sesame Street episodes?

ssetta

Reaction score
Guess what! According to the schedule on HBO's website, it looks like 2 classic episodes will be airing in the last week of April. 1576 and 3778. They both have to do with Nature.

Jared DiCarlo

Reaction score
I saw on Muppet Wiki that one episode replaced practically every Spanish-speaking segment. I wonder what the deal with that is.
Yeah. When Sprout aired seasons 33-35, they usually cut out the Spanish Word of the Day segments. Their reruns of Season 39-42 also got rid of Murray Has a Little Lamb. What is the deal with that? Why are they so intent on removing everything Spanish-related?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The DVD release of The Cookie Thief includes a season 34 episode as a bonus, and The Spanish Word of the Day is also removed from that as well (could it be a Sprout copy?).

ssetta

Reaction score
The DVD release of The Cookie Thief includes a season 34 episode as a bonus, and The Spanish Word of the Day is also removed from that as well (could it be a Sprout copy?).
Which episode?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
According to the TV guide, episode 1576 is shortend to 30 minutes. Can someone watch this when it airs to see if it's actually still an hour long? I'm not recording it because I have the DVD.

ssetta

Reaction score
According to the TV guide, episode 1576 is shortend to 30 minutes. Can someone watch this when it airs to see if it's actually still an hour long? I'm not recording it because I have the DVD.
It's not showing that on my TV guide. It's an hour long.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I just looked at their schedule and it's an hour.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but unless all the other companies involved with the CTW years of the show get on board, I doubt HBO will be an outlet for any classic eps that haven't already resurfaced. Besides, that would go against the grass-rootsy heritage of the show, but maybe that's just me injecting my feelings on the topic. The show, of course, has since become more corporate friendly with Disney getting involved and all, and that's what made the transition to HBO possible.