ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Well, I remember way back when after Courage had ended, a lot of fans did something similar to #RenewTheMuppets, and that was petition to get CN to renew it for at least one more season . . . and yes, I participated in that . . . when I was an ignorant kid, and didn't know any better. But we petitioned and when we had what we felt like was enough signatures, we submitted the petition to both Stretch Films and CN, but nothing ever happened. Again, part of it too was that even though Courage went over well enough with viewers, it just wasn't the critical and commercial success that other shows like Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, and the Eds were, and they all got fifth seasons because of it.
the suits of today's TV networks are so greedy, that it's sick.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I remember way back when after Courage had ended, a lot of fans did something similar to #RenewTheMuppets, and that was petition to get CN to renew it for at least one more season . . . and yes, I participated in that . . . when I was an ignorant kid, and didn't know any better. But we petitioned and when we had what we felt like was enough signatures, we submitted the petition to both Stretch Films and CN, but nothing ever happened. Again, part of it too was that even though Courage went over well enough with viewers, it just wasn't the critical and commercial success that other shows like Dexter, Powerpuff Girls, and the Eds were, and they all got fifth seasons because of it.
Actually, you may be on to something Snowth. We really should petition to get another season, with the show possibly being more family friendly this time around. After all it worked with Kim Possible. So Disney does listen to us on these things.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Maybe this show wasn't "just right" for the Muppets as a franchise. They'll get another chance sometime.

I've noticed something interesting though, it seems as though every attempt to bring the Muppets back to primetime TV in the post-TMS years heretofore have been cancelled after a small handful of episodes--first TJHH, then MT, and now The Muppets. Let's just hope that all hope is not lost after 3 strikes.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Actually, you may be on to something Snowth. We really should petition to get another season, with the show possibly being more family friendly this time around. After all it worked with Kim Possible. So Disney does listen to us on these things.
That's basically the opposite of what he was saying. What he's been saying is that petitioning doesn't usually work, networks will only keep shows if there's something in it for them business wise.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I'm just saying the truth...
ABC DIDN'T ENJOY WHAT THEY SAW SO CANCELED US. SO STOP ALL THIS PETITION CRAP IT DIDN'T WORK WITH #SAVETHEMUPPETS SO ITS NOT GONNA WORK NOW

END OF STORY

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe this show wasn't "just right" for the Muppets as a franchise.
Well, again, I think part of the main problem was ABC was trying to apply non-Muppet show formulas and formats to a Muppet show. Now, when I say "Muppet show," I'm not saying TMS, I'm saying a show that features the Muppets. As I've said before, the Muppets are really special, because they're clever and unique in their own way, and whenever they do a show, or a movie, there's always their unique brand of humor and heart . . . this show, on the other hand, tried too hard to be like other mainstream sitcoms, rather than trying to figure out what would work best within the context of the Muppet characters themselves and their interplay amongst each other. It would be like if SST had been off the air for years and they were trying to do a new show by trying to make it more like all of these other pre-school shows like Dora the Explorer and such (that in and of itself is debatable for some as to how the show is like today, but I digress). But again, this is not about trying to make a modern-day TMS reboot: they already tried that with MT, and it didn't do well because of it. So what's the problem then? The problem is trying to do a Muppet show that captures what the Muppet spirit is all about, and remind everybody why they're the special characters they are, without trying to blatantly copy other formulas or rehash what already worked in the past.

That's basically the opposite of what he was saying. What he's been saying is that petitioning doesn't usually work, networks will only keep shows if there's something in it for them business wise.
Yes! Right! Thank you!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I believe you completely missed my point altogether.
:smile::embarrassed::concern: I believe you completely missed my point.

No. I read D'Snowth's post and I understood. I think the problem on my end. was that I wasn't specific enough with my wording.

D'Snowth, I understand what you were saying about petitioning not working all the time. However, in some cases it does work. I was just saying that it may be worth a try. I know nothing's guaranteed or anything. I'm just saying it may be something to consider.

Also Connor, my apologies here, I know you said you wanted to drop the subject. Buut I wanted to put my two cents in response to the above posts.