1979 Muppet Style Guide

simoragn

Reaction score
Hi there, just looking for a little advice - is the 1979 Muppet Style guide valuable? I have one, in a yellow/orange folder - the contents are still shrink wrapped in plastic. Just wondering if it's worth selling?

TIA
:smile:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Hi there, just looking for a little advice - is the 1979 Muppet Style guide valuable? I have one, in a yellow/orange folder - the contents are still shrink wrapped in plastic. Just wondering if it's worth selling?

TIA
:smile:
hi yes it is ! :big_grin: I would buy it from you, if your not selling it , for a really high price. I have been looking for one, I want to use it for to help me with my fan art, when I start that.

Last edited:

simoragn

Reaction score
hi yes it is ! :big_grin: I would buy it from you, if your not selling it , for a really high price.
Thanks for your reply :smile: I'll probably list it on eBay tho, as I have no idea of what price to charge. Minimum of £10 or £15? (and see where it goes). I'll let you know so you can bid if interested?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply :smile: I'll probably list it on eBay tho, as I have no idea of what price to charge. Minimum of £10 or £15? (and see where it goes). I'll let you know so you can bid if interested?
I would sell it for a higher price , like in the hundreds. like maybe $100 plus shipping, or $200 plus shipping. or maybe perhaps $300, or more. like $500, If you do put it up for sale on eBay, I would like to buy it from you, without having to go through a bidding war, just to get it :smile:.

DrGroverFan

Reaction score
Also interested! Do you have any pictures you could post? I agree with scooterfan360, it would probably go for a high price on eBay. Good luck! Let us know if you list it on eBay! Thanks!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'd imagine style guides are VERY hard to come across. Whoever won the auction, if you chose to, will be one very happy Muppet fan.

It would be nice to see some photos too. Maybe others may have some history about the item to share with you.

All the best.

simoragn

Reaction score
Hey all - thanks for your responses, really appreciate them.

Here are some photos. I haven't got any of the interior pages as it's all still wrapped in plastic, but here's the cover and the front page (as well as showing the bits where the wrapping is loose).

I's love to know more anoint this if anyone has any info. I know these were given to licensees, but don't know if this is a global one or just UK (where I am and the show was obv. made).

It seems like a cool little item, but one that a bigger Muppet fan than me would probably get more out of.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
These do come up on e-Bay on occasion. It's been awhile since I've seen one though and I don't remember how much they sell for. IIRC they aren't as much as you would think but I'm sure that depends on which style guide you have. Being an older one I would think yours is worth a bit more than most.