Speculation: SST Movie Fan-Created Plot Ideas

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well it's being made, so what stories do you think will work?
Abby and the Golden Wand-Mrs. Sparklenose, Gonnigan, and Blogg will be in Muppet form, and the villian will be a nasty fairy who turns Mrs. Sparklenose into a frog. Abby, Gonnigan, and Blogg need to save her and their friends by finding a famous and powerful wand, but they find out what they needed was confidence in themselves, and the wand is just an ordinary wand. It would also have Grover in a couple of appearances completly randomly similiar to Joy the ticket agent from Letters to Santa.
Sesame Street-Adventure Island-THis movie features Grover with Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, Elmo, Big Bird, anging on a treasure hunt, but a mermaid tells him that the treasure is hers. Grover gets ready to hand it over (cute and honest) but Huxley returns for revenge and steals it. Eager to get revenge on all of Elmo's friends, he takes them in his blimp, and drops them on a deserted island, saying to come to his castle and get it. New characters include Timmy Tucan (a wisecracking bird who helps Grover and the gang), Tiki Tiki Tina (a mysterious Tiki Goddess who loves to give tricky clues to help them), and Wally (a whale who gives them a ride from his blowhole to Huxley's cave).
Sesame Street Gang Goes To Space-The Yip Yip martians are stranded on Earth. Their ship needs repairs. Maria and Luis fix it in time, but not before a scientist comes and attempts to study them. Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie, Gorve,r Ernie, Bert, Oscar, and Abby all hop aboard the ship, but they don't know the Scientist is planning on beating them to the planet, so he can be credited with being the first person to go to another planet, and will do anything to stop them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
About ten years ago or so, before I was banned from FanFiction.Net, I actually wrote something of a screenplay for an SST movie (John's the only one from MC that I'm aware has read it).

In my plot, Ernie becomes obsessed with learning more about "The Sesame Seed of Sesame Street", a supposedly mythical giant sesame seed that was said to have first established Sesame Street as the greatest street to ever live on. Because the Sesame Seed of Sesame Street is thought to be a myth, Ernie never shared his interest with Bert, because he fears Bert would make fun of him for believing in something that doesn't exist. Elmo, Grover, and Cookie Monster believe, and after reading about recent sightings, they go on an adventure to track it down. Bert suspects them up to something, so he sneaks along, but when he learns what they're up to, it turns out that Bert is also a believer, and wants to join the search. The gang travel to various different European countries where reports of Sesame Seed sightings have been, and of course, while there, they learn about that particular country's culture (to my memory, they visited Italy, France, England, and Scotland)... and each country they enter, they are coincidentally greeted by the exact same AM, dressed in that country's cultural attire (think like Red Guy from Cow and Chicken). I forget where they end up, but I seem to recall it was a frozen tundra of an area where they finally encounter the Seed, who takes them to a cabin (yeah, owned by the same AM) to get them out of the ice and snow, and the Seed tells them about how he wanted a special, friendly place for different people, birds, monsters, grouches, etc. wanted to come and live, and place where you made a lot of new friends, a place to work and play, a street that was like no other. The Seed transport them back to Sesame Street, and the residents decide to establish an annual celebration in honor of the Seed for establishing their beloved street (and lo and behold, the same AM is among the residents).

So... I guess it was kind of like what Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures became. The story's been lost forever since being banned from FFN, but I did attempt to rewrite it here some time back, but I just couldn't get the feeling that I had when it was originally written, and there wasn't very much interest in it either, so I abandonded it.

Still, that was my idea for an SST movie.

Yorick

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have a plot, but I hope that Big Bird and Oscar are the biggest
stars in it, and that they make the film about Oscar this time, with his name in
the title of the film. If Mr. Spinney would like this, that is! He should be
rewarded for being on SS since 1969 with another starring film role, as he was in "Follow That Bird". If this film doesn't happen, at least we'll always have FTB - a
masterpiece!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can we change the name of this thread please? "Speculation" makes it sound like there are unsubstaniated rumors that the SST movie may utilize these plots.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I suppose if SST were to have a movie, a Cookie Monster film would be the most profitable. I guess Elmo would automatically have to have a pretty big role. I think Elmo works best as the younger sibling sidekick type role, so I think he should be written a little more like a cross between how he was in the 80s and 90s and his current incarnation, that way we'll get a more well rounded character.
Telly should also have a big role as he's one of the most flexible characters. The Count, Grover, Snuffy, Oscar,Big Bird, Ernie and Bert should also be important due to their iconic status. I think each of the rest of the characters should have at least one scene to shine including Prairie Dawn, Zoe, Rosita, Baby Bear and Abby.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Maybe this would be a better fan-fic but, maybe Grover, Rosita, Cookie, Elmo, & Ernie are on the search for Herry would make a great movie.